Thirteen

Monday

January 12th, 2015

~

| Luke |

"Thank you two so much, so same routine this whole week?" Mrs. H asks Dylan.

"I guess so." Dylan shrugs. "I mean I can do that."

"Alright thank you so much." The woman says before Dylan and I leave her house.

"So I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Dylan says as we walk down the street.

"Uhm... I was wondering if you wanted to hang out maybe? Watch some late night tv? Or we can just hang out or something... That's cool too." I say stuffing my hands into my pockets.

"Hmm an invitation to go do something, or go home and lay down to watch Sex in the City with my mother." She says tilting her hands like a scale. "I choose the invitation. Sex in the City is overrated."

"Okay?" I ask with a small laugh. I feel her fingers start to trace my wrist and I bring my hand out of my pocket to hold hers in mine.

When we get to my house Dylan pulls me to my couch and I sit down. She sits next to me, still holding my hand.

"I didn't know I left this here." She says reaching for her DVD. "Remind me to grab it before I go." I nod and grab the remote. We flip around trying to find something but I sigh when nothing I like is on.

"There's nothing on." I groan. Dylan chuckles and grabs the remote from my hand. I take my hand out of hers and wrap it around her back. She presses he power button and then tosses the remote to the arm chair.

"So then we can just talk." She smiles.

"What can we possibly talk about?" I ask, playing with the hem of her sweater.

"I don't know." She shrugs. Her phone rings and she picks it up. "hello?, yeah, do you need me?"

"Who is it?" I mouth.

"Are you okay though? Bridget do you need a ride?" She asks before sighing. "Okay, well what do you want me to do?"I decide to leave the room and let her talk on the phone. I unwrap my arm from her and walk to my kitchen to find a little food.

I can hear Dylan talking in the background but I don't pay attention as I eat some of my cold pizza from the fridge.

"Alright. Hey can you cover for me if my mum calls you, just tell her I'm with you and if she asks for me, I'm sleeping." Dylan says. "Alright thanks... No, I wasn't planning to, that's why. I'll just crash somewhere... Alright, well I'll talk to you later. Night."

"Bridget's covering for you?" I ask her and she nods.

"I hate to invite myself but can I cr-"

"Of course. I don't mind Dylan, you can come over whenever I'm home." I nod. "And if I'm not busy, which I hardly ever am unless I have plans with you. You're the only thing close to a friend I've got here."

"Close to a friend?" She asks me.

"Fine friend." I say rolling my eyes. She's so irritating.

"You act like its a bad thing." She smiles walking over to me. I shrug and take another bite. "You know you can get a stomach ache if you don't hear it up right?"

"I never do." I shake my head.

"Maybe it's just me then." She shrugs.

"Are you hungry?" I ask her suddenly realizing she hasn't ate.