Two

Monday

January 5th, 2015

~

| Luke |

New place, new beginning, right?

I'll probably fuck up again knowing myself, I always fuck shit up. I pick my phone up to see I have a few texts from my old friends and most of them are asking about the new place. I answer the ones I feel like before setting my phone down on the coffee table and turning the television on.

I hear noise outside and laugh when I see the girl next door on the street with her sister or friend skateboarding. The girl is yelling at her and Dylan is just laughing and yelling back.

Dylan.

She's an interesting yet she's extremely annoying to put it... Nicely?

I laugh as she runs off of the skateboard to make it look like she didn't just stumble a little on it. Her mother leans out the door and yells something as Dylan throws her hands up in defense.

I shake my head and flip the channels trying to find something interesting. I hear the laughter again and look out my window again to see her running in circles in the middle of the street.

I take in the girls outfit as I had earlier when I met her and she is wearing tomboy type clothes. A plaid flannel that is open revealing a tank top, ripped and rough looking shorts, and in place of the TOMS she had worn earlier are a pair of black Vans.

The girl that's with her looks at her phone and says something and Dylan practically tackles her in a hug. The girl gets in a car after Dylan hugs her and Dylan chases the car a little ways down the street and I just laugh at the girl.

She's so weird and kind of reminds me of my three friends in one body. She's loud like Ashton, weird like Calum, and adventurous like Michael.

Speaking of those three.

"Hello?" I answer my vibrating phone.

"How is it?" Ashton asks.

"The house? It's nice." I say.

"Do you have friends?" Calum asks. "Luke Hemmings, are you replacing us?"

"No I don't have friends yet, well i don't think I can consider the spunky girl across the street a friend yet since I just met her."

"Is she hot?" Michael yells.

"Uhm," I say looking outside as if I'm making sure the girl isn't listening. I see she's on her skateboard again and laugh.

"What's so funny?" Michael asks sounding closer to the phone.

"I'm just watching her through my front window. You guys know I'm a creep." I say.

"So you're just going to sit there and watch her?" Ashton asks me.

"Yes because I don't like talking to her. She a bit too spunky, like you." I say.

"Kinda like she's had 5 cups of coffee with 10 heaps of sugar?" Calum asks.

"Times 2."

"10 cups with 20 heaps?" Michael asks me.

"You got it." I say and they laugh.

"So you never answered my question, is she hot?" Michael asks again.

"I guess." I shrug to myself.

"Lukey's gotta crush!" Calum coos.

"I do not. She's a little young though. I can tell she just graduated high school." I say.