Ten

Sunday

January 11th, 2015

~

| Luke |

I get out of my car and sigh. I just got home after an early morning meeting. My doctors back home suggested I start a 12 step program to fix myself and my drinking problems.

Yeah, I used to have a lot of problems with alcohol and such back home. I just never acknowledged that I did.

Well, at least it's one less thing to worry about to fuck up everything.

I lean into my backseat and grab the two paint cans I had picked up to paint and when I turn away from my car Dylan is walking back into her house. I shrug it off and bring the paint into my house.

The living room surprisingly looks really good dispute Dylan and I fooling around so much. I set the cans of paint on the floor and then set everything up on the floor and counter so we can paint and not get paint on my stuff.

Once I'm finished I decide to wait for Dylan, I know her mum is home today so she might get a talking to about coming over here.

I know her mum doesn't like me, I don't know why, but maybe it's a good thing she wants to keep Dylan away.

I sigh and flick through the channels waiting for the knock on my door. A few minutes later it happens and when I open the door Dylan is standing there with another shirt to paint in and her already paint covered shoes.

"I'm ready." She says coming in. "But first I have a question."

"Okay." I say shutting the door and walking into the living room. She looks around and nods in approval before turning to me again.

"Are you allergic to dogs? Do you like dogs? I mean like puppy's." She says.

"I'm not allergic. And yes, I like dogs. But they aren't my favorite animal." I tell her.

"What is your favorite animal Luke?" Dylan asks.

"They're on my boxers I think." I say randomly.

"Really?" She asks me. I shrug and lift my shirt and grab the band of my boxers pulling them up and nodding.

"Yeah, penguins." I say.

"You're so lame." She giggles at me.

"I like penguins." I shrug. "Come on let's paint."

"Wait, I need to continue with my question." She says.

"Okay?" I ask.

"Can you puppy-sit with me this week?" She asks. "There's a woman down the street who just had a litter of black labs. They're precious and oh my God please?"

"I guess I can help." I shrug.

"Yay! Okay we can paint now." She say running into my kitchen. "The dining room is going to be the same color?" She asks and I nod.

"I got two cans." I point.

"Alright." She says grabbing one and opening it carefully. "Let's start here since it'll be easier."

We start to paint the dining room and I sigh boredly. I stop painting and go into my kitchen plugging in my phone and playing some music.

"What is this?" Dylan asks me.

"Uhm... You know how I said I was in a band?" I ask her and she nods. "We have a couple of songs. This is Out of My Limit." I tell her.

"What's the name of your band? I don't think we asked yesterday." She says.