Six

Thursday

January 8th, 2015

~

| Luke |

I sigh and change the channel not finding anything in my interest and Dylan laughs from her place on the couch. I look at her and she looks at me.

"You're so funny when you're frustrated." She teases me. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at her.

"You're annoying when you tease me." I respond.

"I'm not teasing you." She says kicking my arm softly.

"I call bullshit." I say and she laughs.

"Luke I'm not teasing you!" She exclaims. "Well, maybe a little but only because I'm bored." She says.

"Why are you bored? I think that I'm being entertaining enough." I joke.

"Looking at you gets old." She sighs.

"Never say that again, it sounds creepy." I say.

"Alright." She shrugs. I flip the channel again and my phone starts ringing. I go to reach at it but Dylan beats me to it.

"Oh, who's Michael?" She asks.

"Ugh, give me that." I say grabbing my phone from her and answering it. "Hey Mike." I say flipping the channel again.

"Lukey!" Michael exclaims. "How are you?"

"I'm alright. You?" I ask.

"Could be worse, could be better." I almost hear him shrug.

"Just one of those days yeah?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He sighs. "You know, I went on a date last night and I just didn't enjoy it."

"Michael Clifford, did I just hear you say you didn't enjoy a date?" I ask in disbelief. Dylan chuckles and grabs the remote from my hands. "Hey!" I exclaim.

"Yes, I did. Is someone with you?" He asks me.

"Yes." I say trying to get the remote from Dylan. She giggles and gets up running away.

"Oh, is that a girls laugh I hear?" Michael asks. Dylan runs down the hallway and I shake my head getting up.

"Yes it was, so tell me. How did you not enjoy this date?" I ask searching for Dylan.

"Well, I don't know. The girl was so... Boring really. And she was a bad kisser." He says.

"You made out with her, didn't you?" I ask trying to find Dylan.

"Well duh. Who do you think you're talking to Luke?" He asks.

"I think I'm talking to Clifford the Big Red Dog but I might be mistaken." I say and then I hear Dylan's laugh.

"What's with that laughing? Luke are you fingering someone while talking on the phone with me?" He disbelievingly asks.

"Michael!" I yell. "No!"

"Where the hell is she?" I ask myself.

"Who?" Michael asks.

"No one, look Mike, I'll call you back okay." I say.

"Oka-"

"Bye." I cut him off and hang up shoving my phone into my back pocket. "Dylan?" I sing song.

I open a door and shake my head. She laughs again and I follow it to the bathroom. I open the door and look around for her. I look behind the door and shake my head.

"I don't like this game, I never did." I sigh. When I turn around I jump at the sight of Dylan standing there. She laughs hysterically at me and doubles over.

"Got you!" She exclaims poking me in the stomach with the remote.

"I hate you so much right now." I say holding a hand over my heart and she giggles.

"War flashbacks?" She asks me jokingly.

"Unfortunately." I jokingly remark smiling.

"Come on." She says placing the remote in my hand and pulling me by the other behind her. "Your house is big." She comments.

"Yeah." I shrug.

"So many places to explore." She says tracing her fingers across the walls. "I have a spontaneous question." She says.

"I might have a spontaneous answer." I tell her. She stops walking and turns to me.

"Do you plan on living here a long time?" She asks me, stopping and turning around.

"I mean I guess." I shrug.

"You should paint this house, white is boring. It reminds me of hospitals." She says scrunching her nose.

"I assume then, if you're telling me to paint this house then you'll help me?" I say and she gasps.

"That sounds too fun!" She exclaims. "We should paint your living room first. I'm thinking a darker blue?" She asks skipping out to the living room.

I chuckle and follow her out to the room. "Why don't we go to a store and get some paint swatches?" I ask her.

"Yay!" She exclaims grabbing my hand and pulling me to my shoes.

~

"Which shade do you like?" She asks holding up the swatch of blue. I furrow my eyebrows and graze my teeth over my lip before pouting to a certain shade of blue.

"That's what I was thinking, well it was between these two." She points to the two colors she liked.

"What's your favorite color?" I ask her out of curiosity.

"I don't really have one." She says smiling up at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Why do you ask?" She asks me and I shrug.

"Curious." I say grabbing the swatch with the color I want on it. Dylan walks back to put the swatches back while I walk up to the counter to get some of the paint.

"Your girlfriend is pretty." The older man says behind the counter.

"Oh, we're not dating." I shake my head.

"I see that twinkle in your eye though." He points.

"Alright..." I trail.

"Listen kid," he says motioning me closer. "When I met my wife, I never thought I'd be with her. I thought she was crazy. But she's been my ray of hope for years upon years and for more years to come." He says clapping a hand on my shoulder. "I always thought I would be alone, then I met her and knew otherwise." He tells me then backing away. His words leave me thinking and then Dylan comes up to us.

"Wow, I thought it'd be done by now. Do we need to get brushes?" She asks me.

"Yeah, we do." I answer still staring at the old man.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

I have two notes:

1) what that old man said is important but he is irrelevant

2) almost everything has a meaning hidden behind it.

~Dani.xx