Twenty Five

A/N: I forgot to mention in the last authors note that this chapter is actually really important so yeah. Oh, and you might want tissues? Uhm, idk. Maybe, maybe not? Idk, comment if you did or didn't for me, okay?

~

Friday

January 23rd, 2015

-

| Luke |

I wake up and don't get up for about an hour. I'm not really feeling today, I wish I was going to watch the puppies but I guess you can't always get what you want. After my procrastination ends, I go to my bathroom, I fix my hair in the mirror, and I sigh. My phone vibrates suddenly from in my room and I walk over to pick it up only to see that it happens to be Dylan.

From Dylan:

'Want to go to the park and squirrel watch with me?'

Even after knowing her for a while now and being her boyfriend, I still don't understand her crazy mind. I reply with a sure and tell her to be over mine in about a half an hour to give me time to shower and get ready for the day. I soon find myself putting my hair into a fresh quiff compared to the messy bed head I had before my shower.

I decide to wear shorts today since it's pretty warm out and I also wear a cut off shirt that said 'The Beatles' on it. I find my Vans and slip them on before checking myself in the mirror once more. The knock on my door brings me back from looking at myself and I jog out of my room, down the stairs, and over to the door in a matter of seconds. I open it and find Dylan smiling up at me.

"Hey." She says and I nod my head. "We're taking your car by the way." She says and I nod. I grab my keys and follow her to my car before getting in. She directs me to the park and once I park she jumps out of the car and comes to my side to pull me. I laugh and lock the doors as she pulls me past small children who are crying and we come upon a hill that we start to climb.

"Are we watching the squirrels up there?" I ask jokingly.

"Yes we are." Dylan says in a completely serious tone. We reach the top of the hill and I'm surprised to see a blanket laying there with a basket on it. Dylan sits down there and I raise an eyebrow."Bridget helped me set it up. Come sit." Dylan pats the spot next to her so I move and sit down there.

"What are we eating?" I ask pointing to the basket and to this Dylan shrugs her shoulders. I open the basket and take out a sandwich that is in a baggie which I open and smell. "Tuna."

"Is that okay?" She asks me and I nod taking the sandwich out and biting it. Dylan takes a granola bar and two waters out handing one of each to me. "So what's the talk of today?"

"Well, I haven't ever told you the whole reason I came here, have I?" I ask and Dylan shakes her head. Dylan has been very patient with me and I think it's actually time for me to tell her the full sorry.

"Can I know?" She asks me and I sigh with a nod. "If it's a hard story to tell you don't have to-"

"I want to tell you, Dylan." I interrupt her and she nods."I need you to know these things before you actually get fully involved in my life. Like more than you are right now. You're my girlfriend and you should know about my past."

"Alright, if you need to stop I understand." She says already knowing that this subject is hard for me. I move the basket from in between us and move to sit right next to her. I take her hand in mine and she reassuringly squeezes mine.

"There was this girl and her name was Julianna. I called her Julie though as did most people. I had met her at the beginning of my sophomore year and we started dating in junior year. Everyone always said how perfect we were for each other and how great of a couple we made. I really cared about and loved her and it was likewise for her." I explained before taking my lip ring between my teeth and letting it go. "Last year about a month before we graduated I was in that accident and she was with me..." I sigh and continue. "A drunk driver rammed into our car. She happened to be drunk as well and was very distracting while I was driving. She took her safety belt off and when I looked over to tell her to put it back on she told me she wouldn't get hurt and when I turned back these headlights were juts shining in my eyes. I blacked out and when I woke up I was surrounded by my parents and my three best friends. I asked where Julie was and no one said anything, they all just stood there and looked at their feet." I took a deep breath and felt Dylan run her thumb over my knuckle and lean her chin on my shoulder.