Twenty Two

Sunday

January 18th, 2015

~

| Luke |

"You know how I said that I'd need to go on a few more dates with you to really confirm my feelings, like if I like you or not?" I ask her intertwining our fingers.

"Yeah. And that's completely fine. I can be patient! It's oka-"

"Well I never asked you how you felt about me." I say. This wasn't where I was planning to go but I think I'll go with this.

"Well how should I feel?" She asks me.

"Babe, that's sort of the question you're supposed to answer yourself." I smile and she looks down sheepishly.

"There you go again, calling me babe." She mutters.

"It's too dark to tell, but can you confirm if you're blushing or not?" I say lifting my hands to feel her cheek, which is warmer than normal.

"Yes, my cheeks are rosy." She's still looking down.

"Look at me." I tell her. Slowly she lifts her gaze and I can't help but be amazed by her eyes. They glow in the weird lighting of the street lamp that's on the path of the parks path. The sun has now gone away and the sky is now a the same light grey that is sprinkled in my blue eyes.

Too much eye talk...

"A lot. I like you a lot." She says. "No, more than a lot. Jesus Christ!" She exclaims and I chuckle. "Luke I can't do this."

"Do you feel awkward?" I ask her.

"I-I should but I don't. Luke you make me feel weird okay?" She asks.

"Dyl, stop holding back." I say.

"When I saw you out my bedroom window I thought you were the hottest thing that walked this planet, next to Niall Horan of course." I chuckle and she smiles. "I guess I've been holding myself back and I constantly denied in my mind that I was attracted to you, I just don't want to ruin this bond we have. I mean it's developed so fast. Like I feel as if we have known each other for years upon years and remember the time at the party when I pretend that I was with you to avoid Chris being an asshole, I mean it didn't work but, yeah?" She asks.

"I do remember." I nod.

"Well... When your hands slid onto my waist it just felt normal and natural. I don't know if that feeling is mutual but I think it's necessary to tell you that." She says and I nod. "This is a really long explanation, but I do like you a lot. Like everything. You're nice and sweet. You're witty but you can be a bit of an asshole sometimes. You're absolutely gorgeous... Like flawless, and I don't want you to think I'm all about looks but the fact that you're an eye catcher is a big plus."

"That was a very long explanation but I understand." I chuckle.

"Yeah sorry... But where are you going with this?" She asks me.

"Oh right!" I exclaim. "Yeah I like you too."

"Wow." She says. "I just gave you a speech and you say 5 words?"

"Congrats you can count!"

"Fuck you." She sighs shaking my grip and getting to her feet to storm off.

"Dylan!" I exclaim getting up and following her. She's walking pretty fast and I sigh trying to use my long legs to my advantage. "Wait!" I keep following her and eventually I get close enough to grab her arm.