Sixteen

Thursday

January 15th, 2015

~

| Dylan |

Soon enough Thursday night rolls around and I have to leave Mrs. H's to go see our guest. I glance at my phone and nod.

"I have to go. You're sure you can handle them?" I ask Luke who's playing with the dogs at the moment.

"Yeah I'm fine." He says.

"Alright, Mrs. Hoggard said she only needs our help Monday through Thursday and that she doesn't work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday." I tell him.

"Right. So I'll pick you up around seven tomorrow evening?" He asks me.

"That sounds good." I nod. "See you tomorrow Luke." I say patting the pups on the head before walking towards the door. I leave the house and practically jog to mine. Apparently some important people from my mothers work are coming over and I have to be there.

"Hurry and get ready!" My mother rushes as I step in the door.

"Okay, okay." I say running up the steps. I quickly slip my shirt off and slide the plain black skater dress right over my head. I decide to leave my shorts on since my phone is in my pocket and put on my flats. I put my hair into a neat bun with pieces hanging out that I quickly curl. I fix my makeup a bit and look myself over nodding once and then coming back down the stairs just as the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it." I say walking over and opening the door. My mother scurries into the room and greets her partner.

"Hello Randy, this is my daughter Dylan." My mother introduces me and I smile shaking his hand.

"Nice to see you Jackie, this is my son, Casey." Randy says and I immediately recognize him. Casey Jennings... I smirk.

"It's nice to meet you Casey." My mother says then looking at me. "Have you two ever met"

"Not personally." Casey says. "But I've only heard good things."

"Oh, good then. Come on in." She motions them in. Randy and her walk off into the kitchen and I hang back with Casey.

"Love the dress." Casey says and I chuckle.

"Well thanks." I smile. "You're in college, right?" I ask him.

"Going into my second year." He nods.

"But you like the younger men I hear." I tease and he looks down sheepishly.

"Wow, thanks." I laugh at his comment.

"Well I hear you like the older ones." He teases back but after he quickly changes the subject. "So you just graduated, how's that feel?" He asks. We decide to sit on the couch and talk a little instead of going into the kitchen to hear business talk. I tell him about graduation and the party I had and he nods saying his was similar; kind of boring. "I heard what happened with Chris at that party and apparently you're sporting some blond haired blue eyed man candy who also happens to be the older man I mentioned previously?"

"Is that how Dylan described it?" I ask him.

"Yeah, he said that it's a shame the guy is straight but you're cute together even though you're not a thing but you 'should be.'" He says and I just laugh.

"Well, the blonde haired blue eyed boy Dylan was talking about is my neighbor, he just moved in across the street and we're just friends, for now." I smirk.