Fifty Five

Sunday

March 15th, 2015

-

| Dylan |

After Michael and Bridget came back in, they were both flushed and their lips were swollen, giving away that they had been kissing. But they were also holding hands and seemed closer, I knew they were dating. We all decided to sit down in the living room and talk more after dinner.

"So you guys play music?" My mum asks the boys as Luke rubs my arm with the hand of his arm that's wrapped around me. We somehow got into talking about how the boys were friends and that led into them being a band.

"Yeah, I mean we haven't in awhile, since I moved here." Luke shrugs.

"We should!" Ashton exclaims.

"You don't have your drums." Luke says.

"Mum, do we still have that drum set dad had?" I ask her and she thinks for a minute then nods.

"Downstairs." She says and I nod.

"Wait! I'll go get my bass." Calum says.

"And I'll join him to get my guitar." Michael says.

"And I'll, yeah." Luke says and I laugh as he gets up and they all leave going across the street, coming back a few minutes later with their guitars and amps.

"So, what should we do?" Calum asks while we walk down the stairs.

"Did you guys ever finish that one song... I was on the phone that time when you were writing it?" I ask as we land on the basement floor.

"We finished that one but I know a better one! Calum!" Luke exclaims.

"That one? Luke, we never did that one together on Skype." Calum says.

"Oh well, let's do it come on, please?" Luke frowns.

"Wait are you talking about the one that's about-"

"Shhh!" Luke exclaims turning to Ashton who throws his hands up in defense.

"Oh I know now." Michael says. Luke nods and Ashton sits down at the drums grabbing sticks and testing it out as the rest tune their instruments.

"Well this should be fun." Bridget says smiling as Michael looks at her and then back at his guitar.

"He asked you right?" I ask and she nods smiling really wide. We sit down with our parents on the couch that is down here and when the guys are ready they get into a little formation.

They start playing and start singing together, "Oh oh o-o-oh, oh oh o-oh."

Luke then looks at Calum nervously before looking to me and singing, "Life's a tangled web
Of cell phone calls and hashtag I-don't-knows
And you you're so caught up
In all the blinking lights and dial tones
I admit I'm a bit of a victim in the worldwide system too
But I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you,
Turn down the static sound of the city that never sleeps,
Here in the moment on the dark side of the screen." Bridget nudges me

Then they sing the chorus, "I like the summer rain
I like the sounds you make
We put the world away
We get so disconnected
You are my getaway
You are my favorite place
We put the world away
Yeah we're so disconnected

Oh oh o-o-oh, oh oh o-oh
We're so disconnected
Oh oh o-o-oh, oh oh o-oh." I look at my mum and she smiles happily at the performance.

Luke sings again, "Hands around my waist
You're counting up the hills across the sheets
And I'm a falling star
A glimmer lighting up these cotton streets
I admit I'm a bit of a fool for playing by the rules
But I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you