Eighteen

Friday

January 16th, 2015

~

| Dylan |

"Alright, so you know how it told you I'm bad at not being cliché?" Luke asks me. We had both glazed our sculptures and they told us to come back tomorrow to get them. Luke insisted to pay for both...

"Yeah, but that wasn't. You did a good job."

"I wanted to take you to dinner." He says. "Like now..."

"Oh." I say. It does seem cliché, but I actually don't care. "Okay." I shrug. Luke smiles and takes my hand to lead me somewhere in the town center and I'm surprised when he pulls me into a Chinese food buffet and had reservations. The place gets a lot of business, which also surprises me.

"I heard this place was amazing and I love Chinese food so I thought 'what the hell?'" I chuckle at him and once we get to the table we go up for our first plates.

"Remember babe, get whatever you want cause I'm paying." He says looking over his shoulder to wink at me. I notice we're still holding hands and don't bother pulling my hand out of his.

Wait a second, Did he just call me 'babe' and wink at me within a period of 60 seconds?

"Well first comes first... I need to use the toilet." I say sliding my hand out of his and finding my way to the woman's room. Once I do I dial Bridget.

"Quitters hotline? Need help with your addiction to Lukeajuana or Lukeahol? Are you a Lukeaholic that has relapsed?" She asks and I roll my eyes.

"You're so stupid. But I need your help! Luke called me babe and winked at me all while holding my hand in a period of 60 seconds and I'm honestly shocked. Help." I say.

"You're totally a Lukeaholic! Girl, he likes you. It's obvious. He wants dat V, so get dat D!" She exclaims.

"Are you high? Drunk?" I ask and she laughs.

"No just happy." She says.

"Defiantly high." I say.

"On life." She says mockingly. "But I'm being sincere, he has to like you." She says.

"Okay... But, we're just friends so-"

"You're so more than friends!" She practically yells. "Maybe you don't have a title but you aren't 'just friends.'"

"Alright, Jesus. I have to go before he starts wondering where I am." I say hanging up and leaving the bathroom after checking myself over in the mirror. When I get out I walk back to the buffet where Luke is waiting. "You waited for me?"

"Yes. Jesus Dylan, do you think I'm not a gentleman?" He asks handing me a plate.

"You are very much a gentleman but you didn't have to wait." I tell him and he smiles.

"I'm just trying to do things the right way." He says sheepishly, lacing my fingers through his before we start walking around the buffet.

"I absolutely love Chinese food." I tell him.

"Then I made the right choice. Have you ever eaten here?" He asks me.

"When I was younger we used to come all the time." I say quietly.

"Who is 'we'?" Luke asks me.

"My parents and I." I say. "It was like a regular thing but then we just stopped." I shrug not really wanting to explain anything further. Maybe some other time.