Fifty Eight

Friday

March 20th, 2015

-

| Luke |

I laugh at my fathers banter as we sit in a huge corner booth at a restaurant with my parents, my brothers, and Celeste.

"So, Dylan..." Jack starts and she turns her attention to him. "Have you given any thought to coming tomorrow?"

"I don't know if I want to go." She says.

"I bet you'll be good at it since you skateboard." I say remembering the first time I saw her on that skateboard out my window.

"I just have a weird fear of drowning." She admits.

"You won't drown if Luke is there, he's way too in love with you for that." My mum says.

"Mum!" I exclaim and Dylan giggles to herself turning red in her face. "I mean it's true but that's embarrassing."

"I'll sleep on it tonight for sure." She says as our food comes.

"So when is the wedding?" Ben asks after we start eating and I almost choke on my food. "Bro, chill."

"Sorry." I say taking a sip of my soda. "We're you asking me that though?"

"Yes." He smirks and I roll my eyes. Dylan rubs my leg under the table and I smile at her.

"Gosh, this is so wonderful to see." Liz says. "Dylan, you make Luke so happy, I hope you know that."

"And Luke makes me very happy too." She says looking up at me and I smile sheepishly.

"And I thought Celeste and me were cute." Jack says. "You two take the cake."

"I like cake." Dylan says and I burst out laughing and she covers her face in embarrassment.

"Okay, same though." Celeste chirps up.

"Can we talk about something else?" I ask.

"Oh yes, I know. When is Dylan moving in with you?" My mother asks me.

"Oh my fuck- fudging goodness..." I correct myself and Dylan snorts.

"Luke Robert Hemmings!" My mother exclaims and I feel my face go red.

"I'm sorry." I say covering my mouth and she waves me off going back to her food.

"My question was kind of serious though. I mean, do you guys plan to live together?" She asks.

"Well, we live next door for each other." Dylan points out. "I'm pretty sure if I lived with him I'd get really tired of him."

"Dylan!" I whine and she slaps my arm softly.

"I'm joking, but Michael is moving in there anyway since him and my best friend are dating or something like that. So I wouldn't want to live there with two boys." She further explains. "And my mother would probably be opposed even though she really likes both of them."

"Thank you for answering my question sort of." My mum says and Dylan chuckles. We finish our dinner making more small talk and when they take our plates I wrap my arm over Dylan's shoulder.

"I want dessert." I say.

"Jesus Christ, aren't you ever full?" Dylan asks me.

"Babe, you know me. I'm a bottomless pit." I say.

"True." She says cuddling into me. While everyone else talks we're silent and almost in our own world. I kiss her temple softly and she looks up at me again and I feel like I fall in love with her again and again each time she looks at me.

"Got it." I hear my mother say and I snap my attention to her and notice she has her camera out.

"Did you just...?" I ask and she nods showing us the picture.

"Aw!" Dylan exclaims and I look at it with her.

"I'm going to get it framed for you two." Liz tells us. "But you know, you aren't getting it until the wedding." She smirks.

"Oh god." I groan putting my face in my hands and Dylan giggles.

"Alright Lukey, where's this ring at?" She asks jokingly.

"It's still at the jewelers." I say and she laughs kissing my cheek.

~

"I'm sorry, my family is so embarrassing." I say.

"I love them. They're all so great." Dylan says from the seat beside me.

"I know they were just joking about the whole getting married thing... But have you ever thought about it?" I ask her. "And I know it's been two months but yeah..." I trail.

"You're such a dork." She laughs. "I mean, of course I've thought about getting married."

"To me?" I ask her.

"To be honest, yeah." She says sheepishly. "I mean, of course I want us to have careers and all that before we even get engaged... If we do."

"We will." I say.

"Luke!" She exclaims.

"I'm sorry... I'm just so confident that we're going to work out baby." I say feeling myself blush.

"That's really cute."  She says and I bite my lip.

"I love you Dylan." I say.

"I know you do by the way you look at me." She says as we come to a red light. I look over to her.

"This is where the accident happened."
I say suddenly realizing.

"Oh..." She says looking around and I feel something come over me suddenly.

"It's okay." I tell her. "She's here." I say as the light turns green.

"You're okay?" She asks me and I nod.

"I haven't been through there in forever... I used to avoid it and I don't even know why I came this way tonight." I tell her. "But I felt her... That sounds really weird but she was here."

Dylan runs her fingers through my hair softly and I smile grabbing her hand.

"I love you too Luke." She says.

"I know you do by the way you look at me." I repeat her sentence from earlier.

"I'll always look at you like that." She says.

"And so will I." I tell her.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

It got real. :)

~Dani.xx