The Night

Evening had fallen and darkness had almost completely swallowed the grass. No one had visited me but I still liked being alone it was a feeling of peace I hadn't gotten in the longest time. I knew that when I fell asleep in here I couldn't be randomly killed or dragged out to the maze. So my mind was at ease. 

It must have been late in the night when I saw all the lights be turned off by the last person awake, they went to sleep with everyone else. I was now the last one awake and a wave of silence covered the sleeping land. I was happy to go to sleep now, I knew I wouldn't be attacked or murdered but of corse I wasn't tired. 

I lay awake for the next few hours staring at the cracks in the ceiling, this place looked like it had been here since the begging of time. there was a massive crack that almost went round the whole place. then there was little cracks around where the barred door was, like someone had been trying to get out or in. Every crack seemed to almost tell its own story, or you could at least guess how it happened and make up story's of your own. 

I had finished examining the walls and making up storys to go along with each one. My eyes fixed on the chair that was at in front of me. It was made with twigs and vines wrapped round at each corner though one chair leg was shorter than the rest, I think they knew what they were doing when they did that. 

I picked up the surprisingly light chair and started looking about it for any scratches or cracks until I flipped it to the underneath. My eyes scanned from outside too in. Dead centre on the chair someone had marked something "hey trouble maker"  that's all it said, I smiled and put my thumb over the top of it. A small feeling of similarity hit me, like someone had called me that before or that it used to be a nickname or something but I ignored it. 

After counting all the scratches on the ceiling I started to drift off to sleep, a deep comfortable sleep one you wouldn't want to be woken from.