The Other Perspective

Gallys POV

They left, she left, the girl I gave my heart to crushed it and left me. "What do we do" A glade shouted out, I didnt want to be a round anyone "Just get back to work try and fix the glade" I flicked my hand at them while walking off. I returned to my room to see a note and a book on my chair. It was written in bold letters on the outside "For Gally Love Taylor". A tear came to my eye as I stepped further into the room picking up the letter and sitting down. I opened the letter it red.  

To Gally

Hey its Taylor. I don't know what I am ment to say in this letter. That our paths have gone different ways and its too bad, that sounds like something old fashioned.

But I will just say that I love you and I always will love you. You made my life bearable in this place. We fell in love in the strangest way but it will always be a funny story and don't worry I will always tell your story. To my kids, in the far future. They will probably think its a fairy tale but I will know its real and thats all that matters. 

Gally I am really sorry for leaving. Trust me I am still madly in love with you, I am still as in love with you as I was when you first kissed me. I will always love you because as you said love like this dosent go away. If we ever do meet again, though is thought to be impossible, I will hug you and never let go. I would be happy to re-fall in love with you all over again and frankly I wouldn't change anything about it. 

You are the single most sweetest and most loving guy I have ever met. So if you do make it out of this maze somehow I want you to find me. I don't care if you think you shouldn't or that I would be mad. Find me if you get out and I have a feeling that you will because I think you would go insane if you stayed here the rest of your life. So Gally please make me a promise, though I can't see you I still want you to promise me that you will find me and hug me and kiss me. Because I maybe a little mad about it in the beginning but I will get over myself and give you the biggest hug possible. 

As you have probably already noticed there is a book with this letter. That is my book, that I haven't showed anyone. Since we can't live in a little neighbourhood with all the other Gladers surrounding us I want you to see it and see how I fell in love with you. The book shows how and when I fell in love with you, it has sketches of people and things around the Glade. Just a final present for you. 

Please take care of yourself, I mean it. Pick up a hobby, try knitting or sewing or maybe archery. Take days off and don't be so harsh on yourself, you will always have someone else doing that. I want to tell you that no matter how many people say that you can't do something or don't listen or don't believe you, Know that I believe in you and believe in yourself because I know that you can do it. 

Take care of those around you as well, don't be so harsh on them and try and treat them like equals. Have a laugh with them and let them spend time with you and know you because I know that they will love you for who you are. 

Thank you for making the world a beautiful place and making memories with me that will live on in my heart forever 

All my love 

Taylor. 

I flipped through the book and just as she said there was drawings off almost everything in it. Drawings of me working and living my normal life. Drawings of Newt walking with his limp. Drawings of everyone at the fire have an amazing time. Drawings of Mihno in the map room. Drawings of her route through the maze and the day number beside them. Drawings of Frypan cooking cookies. Drawings of plants and trees. Drawings off all the huts and a drawing of what I think the Glade looks like from above. I smiled as I remembered eveytime she had taken out that book. She was an amazing artist. As I flicked through the book I realised that there were pages ripped out. I didnt pay much attention to them and carried on. Then there were pages of writing. Her beautiful handwriting, writing about the little things and conversations and highlights of her days. 

Tears started to stream down my cheeks as I finished the book. She cared, she always did. I had to go after them, I had to say goodbye to her, to make sure that I could spend the rest of my life with her. My mind snapped into action. I looked back at the maps that she had drawn in "Brilliant" I whispered under my breath. She is going to help me find her. The drawings were maps of the maze, the route that she went and what was everywhere. She had marked where they found the greivers home. She always surprised me on how smart she is. 

I put the book and letter in my back pocket and ran out of the room. "Gally what are you doing" Several questions like these were flung at me by the people who stayed behind. I ignored them and picked up my pace. I had to find Taylor and applogise and say everything I wish I had said. I studied her maps until I knew them like the back of my hand. Following there every turn. 

Then I heard a click from down the hall way. It was a griever. I had completely forgotten about them and haded brought a weapon. "Shit" I whispered under my breath. It came charging at me. I had no choice but to try and kill it. Then it grabbed me throwing me up in the air and catching me with another arm. Then I felt it. The hot stinger dig into the side of my body.