The Coma State

I was awoken by the breakfast bell. I jumped up and rubbed my eyes to make it look like I have been awake for hours then fast walked to the kitchen. As I got to the kitchen the groggyness of waking up hit me. I slouched over, got my food and walked to the table. 

"Morning" I was the first one to speak for once, a confidence I hadn't felt in a long time filled me. "Your extra joyful this morning" Alby was rubbing his eyes. I sat opposite Alby and beside Newt "So do we know anything about this new greenie" it felt good to be calling someone else Greenie instead of me. "We don't know anything about them not even the time they come up in the box. Just wait and see, your still the greenie round here for a few more hours" Alby laughed before starting his food. 

I spent the day with the Farmers. I was just tying tomatoes to bamboo sticks and chatting to some of the other Gladers, you know finding out there names and when they got here. It was nice to have a normal conversation with people. But all day my dream way playing about in my head it confused me more than anything. 

At the end of the work day I decided to go see Gally and hope I don't die. I got to the hut and turned the corner into his room to see Mihno stood at the edge of his bed just talking to Gally but Gally wasn't responding. 

"Oh shit sorry I'll come back later" I turned to face the door and walk out as fast as I could "no greenie your cool, I'm just leaving" Mihno waved his arm as I walked backwards towards Gally's room. Mihno had just left the room when I shouted him "Hey Mihno wait a second" He reappeared round the corner "could you just stand near by, I don't want something to happen like last time" He looked at Gally in a coma sate then me. "Ok Greenie I'll beat the klunk out of him if he moves a muscle" He laughed and walked to the other room and sat on the bed.