The Destroyed City

Me and Chuck sat talking for hours until he fell asleep. I didnt realise that he was asleep at first but when he didnt respond and started snoring I got the hint. I smiled when I saw him sleeping. He seemed to sleep with a little smirk on his face. He was so peaceful. 

I got up after about half an hour of him sleeping and went into one of the storage huts and got him a blanket then I moved back to my normal sleeping spot and snuggled into the vines. As soon as my eyes closed I was hit with another dream. 

I am driving the rusty car I was packing things into on my last dream. We were zooming over sandy hills. I looked around at my surroundings the sun was beating down on the deserted land. It looked like the world had burned to nothing. There was remains of trees but they didnt look healthy at all. It was just sand for miles. 

We were right behind the other car following their every movement. We were driving for what seemed like hours until a city came into view. It was destroyed to within an inch of its life. Buildings had been smashed and had fallen over every window in sight was broken. The whole place looked like it had never inhibited.  

We sped through the streets going up ally ways and down side streets until we were out of the city and we were back to driving through the sand hills for hours. No one talked at all through the whole journey. I think we were all equally as nervous. 

After driving for longer this time we came across another city but this one wasn't ripped within a inch of existence it was perfect there wasn't a scratch on it. It looked like a normal city. Like nothing had ever happened to this deserted land. It had tall stone walls that protected and preserved the city.

 The walls reminded me of the Glade walls. 

We were getting closer to the walls and we weren't slowing down. The place was covered with people in armer with guns. They had guns and we didnt at least I didnt. Then the nervous started to kick in. 

We weren't slowing down. It seemed that we were almost speeding up then the people started firing. Bullets hit the windscreen and bounced in every other direction. Only missing us by centimetres. Then one hit the front screen and it smashed. 

There was a hole in the middle of the screen and cracks spiderwebbed out from it. I couldn't see where I was going anymore. I was the driver and I couldnt see what was happening. Then I heard a bang come from in front of us. I squeezed my eyes shut and 

Jolted awake. I was sweating all over and my breathing was harsh. I struggled at first to get it back but I had to calm myself down. It was early morning in the glade so I went for a shower to try and wash of the anxiety from that dream.