The Worry

An hour or two had passed the Glade covered in a wave of worry. I sat with Thomas, Chuck, Newt and Zart. Newt and Zart were working on cutting the roots of a tree while I was helping Chuck carve a little toy

There was 10 minutes before the doors closed and we had all gathered round them waiting. The crowd was packed tight. I stood beside Thomas and behind Gally my hand on Gally's shoulder. Gally was down on one knee. Anxiety took over in everyones stomachs as we waited. Seconds felt like hours and minutes felt like days. 

The sharp wind blew forwards whipping us all in the face. My stomach dropped as I came to the realisation that they aren't coming back, an overwhelming wave of sickness filled my stomach like I was going to throw up. The empty corridor looked endless, the walls looked 3 times taller than ever before. The last slither of hope drained out of me. The grinding of the doors started and still no one was in sight. I held my hand over my mouth to stop myself breaking down. I looked below me to see Gally picking at his nails. He was just as scared as I was. 

The doors kept on moving slowly but surely getting to their final destination. "Wait look there" Thomas shouted out. My stomached stopped turning as two silhouettes walked round the corner though it looked like one was being carried by the other. The silhouette moved into the light. Its was Mihno and he was carrying Alby. I was filled with hope. "Come on Mihno" Thomas shouted then we all started screaming "Mihno you can do this" "Come on" "Mihno do it" "Mihno" "Mihno you can do it" "Hurry up" "Run" "Leave him" "You have to leave him Mihno" "Mihno leave Alby behind" "Just run". 

The doors were almost finished moving "He's not going to make it" I whispered it under my breath as the foolish hope I had before drained away. Everyone was still shouting begging for him to drop Alby and run but he didnt. He stopped a bit before the door dropping Alby. He had given up. The doors were getting closer and closer to blocking them out forever. 

Thomas began to move and I knew exactly what he was doing "Thomas" I shouted as I tried to grab his arm. I caught his finger but I wasn't strong enough. He broke out and squished himself through the almost closed doors. He collapsed on the other side of the door then they shut locking out the leader, the keeper of the runners and the greenie.