The Young Boy

We all jogged over to the box and managed to all get a view of the box while Newt jumped in and with the help of some other gladers opened the metal doors. Inside lay a young boy no older than 13 laying on his side crying. The boy was chubby and had brown curly hair. He turned round to see everyone staring at him and he started to cry more. 

"Welcome to the Glade" Newt held out his hand and the young boy took it and got out of the box. The boy was probably more scared than I was when I was in the maze. The crowd died down and Newt introduced me to the young boy 

"And this is our only girl, her names Taylor she arrived in the maze a few weeks ago but she's one of us" I smiled, no one had said that and ment it. It ignited a little fire inside of me. I was one of them. "Hi nice to meet you" I held my hand out to shake his. He seemed really nervous but took my hand and pushed a smile onto his face. 

Newt gave him the full tour as I went to finish dinner. "Has the boys name come back to him yet" I asked Newt as he walked back into the Kitchen "No he probably won't know it until tomorrow" Newt looked really tired and worn through. "Well I'm still trying out jobs so I could take him with me to my next one if you want" Newt looked up and smiled "Whats your next job" I had to really think about it but then I realised that I was trying out to be a Medjack then the day after that it was my runner trial "Im gonna test being a Medjack next then Mihno wants me to go on a run with him. He's been really weird about me being a runner" Newt smiled at me and then started eating his food "ok but keep him away from Gally I'll tell Clint and Jeff the same. Now go and huddle up against a wall and fall alseep Taylor" I was pushed back for a second. He just called me Taylor. "you just called me Taylor. Wow I could get used to this" I laughed as I walked out of the kitchen and made my way back to my spot to write in my book for a bit then fall into a deep slumber.