The Stare

I awoke to a very busy glade. I hadn't moved in my sleep, I was lying in such a comfortable spot then "F'tang" the breakfast bell rang. A wave of hunger hit me as I stood up. I was the last person to reach the kitchen but when I got there my plate was already on the table "thanks Frypan" I shouted back to the kitchen. "no problem greenie" Frypan shouted back. 

The order of the table was different, instead of Gally beside me and Mihno in front of me, Mihno was sat beside me and Alby opposite "your late" Alby spoke through his food "sorry only just woke up if you couldn't tell" I smiled and started shovelling food into my mouth.

 Mihno hadn't started eating he was just staring at me "ok your being creepy, stop staring" I looked up at Mihno while still shovelling food into my mouth. He just stared at me, "ok I'm gonna move table in a second if you don't tell me why your staring at me" I had stopped eating at this point "sorry me and Alby just had an amazing idea" Mihno clicked back into reality "and that is" I stared eating again "so we are going to make you a runner" Mihno looked at me again. I spat out my mouth full of food "what, why" I whipped the sides of my face "well you ran fast the first time I met you and I want the strongest of everyone on my team" Mihno had a big smile on his face but he started eating. "no, no way I'm not being a runner, I'm not going back into that maze unless we are escaping" I don't want to go back there, I don't want to be killed by one of those monsters. 

"oh come on, so many people would kill to be a runner" Mihno was looking at the leader (who I just learned name was Alby) "no I'm not going to get killed by those monsters" I was done with this conversation "they only come out at late evening or night time, and you will run with me for it so you will be fine, can you at least just think about it" Mihno was staring at me again I think he was trying to do puppy dog eyes "Mihno" I went into deep thought as I stopped speaking, I had a massive decision to make. "fine I will think about it but its still a no for now, I'm only doing this so that you will stop staring at me" I was kind of annoyed but ignored it "yessss, these puppy dog eyes never fail" Mihno said hugging me "oh so thats what you were doing" I made Mihno and Alby laugh.