The Spy

"Ok well em see you tomorrow then" Teresa smiled and subtly waved while walking back to her hammock. I reached Newt "Hey ready for that walk" I smiled pushing all of my old thoughts behind me "Sure, one question do you like the new girl greenie" Newt looked up his eyes meeting mine "Thats a very complicated question" I started to walk slowly. "Well I have the time" Newt matched my slow pace. 

"I know her" I blurted out "Well we all know her" Newt started scanning the Glade "No, she is from my memories, I knew her before all of this" we started to walk into the forest "You mean-" "That I didnt get along with her then and I don't plan to now" I cut Newt off but he turned round to me seriousness filling his face "No you mean that you were friends with her meaning you knew Thomas. How ? we already figured out that you aren't meant to be here that you were a mistake-" "Way to put it nicely Newt" "But you weren't ment to fall into the Maze-".

 I cut off his train of thought "I worked with them dipshit, they work for the creators and I used to as well. I escaped a few years back" I turned to him knowing that this was blowing his mind "You mean we shouldn't trust Thomas, Teresa or you" his eyes met mine. Not trust me, that hurt more than anything I think I have ever experienced "Newt don't be stupid of corse you can trust me" I pushed my emotions to the back of my mind.

 "How can I, you put me here, you put us here, why" he looked so hurt "I don't know, I can only salvage bits and pieces from my memories. All I know is that I got taken from my family and forced to work with them, that I hated it there and hated Teresa and that I escaped and started fighting against them" My heart was still shattered, in pieces seemingly almost impossible to put back together. 

"Tay, why should I believe you, what if your a spy and your still working with them" He looked down at me obviously hurt "Newt, you can trust me you know that everyone knows that. Dont start throwing accusations around for all I know you could be a spy" the tear started to block my vision leaving only smears of colour "Tay tell me everything, Now !" he shouted the last part making the tear break and fall from my eye. "Ok I will tell you as much as I know, take a seat I guess" I held a strong face not showing that I was broken inside. 

I explained the whole thing, every last one of my memories. "I know its a lot to take in" I put my hand on his leg "Take all the time you need I am going to turn in for the night" I began to stand up. Newt was looking out onto the Glade almost out of it. He put his hand on top of mine "Tay........ Wait" his eyes still staring out onto the glade, shimmering in the little moonlight. I sat back down "Yeah Newt what is it" I leaned against the back wall with my legs crossed in front of me. "I don't think you are a bad person" he paused still looking out onto the Glade "I just think you should have told me before but I get why you didnt" he paused once more "Tay I will always trust you, know that. I was just reacting. I don't think your a spy" He laughed at the last part and turned round to me. 

"So know that you have nothing hidden from me I guess I should tell you my story" he looked at me before rolling up one trouser leg "The story of how this happened".