The Memories

A dream took over 

I am stood at the door while Thomas and Vince are over at a table. We are in a meeting room. Thomas and Vince are disguising WCKD and taking notes. I am on look out. I couldn't hear there conversations well but they were definitely talking about WCKD and the virus. 

"Ok Taylor is it still clear" Vince stood up and walked over to me. "Yup" I nodded. "Ok meet me at the entrance to the Mazes in 10. I will let you two say your good byes now" Vince picked up his gun, opened the door and ran out. "Thomas be careful ok. I don't want people finding out about you working with us" He nodded pulling me into a hug "Taylor be careful when your above the Maze. They have safety procedures to stop people getting down" I noted that in my brain .

"When you make it out today please still stay in contact with me. Your the only good friend I have well and Teresa" When he said that name a flame of anger rose inside of me. I hated this Teresa. "Of corse I will stay in contact. Apart from Vince your the only true friend I have as well" we both smiled as it set in that I mite not see Thomas again for a long time "Hey Thomas. Please stay safe. Maybe we can meet up somewhere in the future" He nodded then looked me in the eye. 

We held eye contact for moments "Your the only part of my life that isn't confusing or falling apart. You have kept me here Thomas" I paused while tears came to my eyes "Ever since I saw you get taken in when you were 4 I knew we were going to be friends" tears fell from my eyes. He put his hand on my check and whipped a tear away. I smiled and leaned into his hand. He looked me in the eye before "I had that same feeling when I first saw you" He smiled. He put his other hand on the other side of my face before pulling me close to him and kissing me on the lips. 

Our lips locked together like they were built to fit one and others. He pulled away "You have to go" a tear fell from his cheek "Their going to find you if you don't go" It broke him saying it. "I know im just trying to saver this moment for as long as I can" I smiled before picking my gun up. I held the door handle "Goodbye Taylor" He smiled with tears falling down his cheeks. I let one more tear fall before running out of the room. 

I ran down 10 or so corridors before reaching big metal doors. They were heavy to push but I got them open. I ran through the barley lit hallway. I turned the corner to see Vince and some other Right Arm members stood at the end. It was the entrance to the Mazes. "Ready Taylor" Vince looked sorry for me "As ready as I will ever be" He smiled and opened the doors. 

It lead onto what looked like thin slabs of cement floating. It was the Maze. The four of us ran out. I was close on Vinces tale the whole time. They were sturdy then I remembered what Thomas had told me "Vince wait" He froze and faced me "Thomas said that there is traps up here. Just look out for any wires or people" He nodded and turned back around and we started running again. 

We were almost at the middle. Nothing had gone bad we were all still here with minimal injuries. Vince stopped instantly "What. Vince What is it" I shouted over the unusually loud wind. He looked like he had just seen a dead person. "Trap" I barely herd him. He looked down at his foot. Iooked down to see a wire over the front part "Vince move, Vince move now" I was shouting almost screaming. He was still frozen.

The cement that we were all stood on shook. "Vince move now" He snapped out of the daze he was in and pulled his foot out. He backed away a few steps. I realised I was the only one still on the shaking cement tower. Then it hit me. I am going to fall. My life flashed before my eyes. 

There were quick memories. My mother teaching me to walk was the first one, Then someone coming to my house in a suit, Then being taken away from my family, Then being brought to a building, Seeing a girl with black short hair my age playing with me, a boy with short spikey black hair coming in through the doors, fighting with the girl, doctors taking my blood, people in white coats, red sirens, someone breaking me out, running away to the mountains, meeting Vince, finding my place with The Right Arm, being taught how to use guns and weapons, a lady teaching me to not take shit from anyone, Vince and the lady taking me under there wing, preparing for breaking in to WCKD for the first time, getting shot in the shoulder and collapsing, having to relearn how to move my shoulder, going on several other rescue missions, getting in contact with Thomas, him giving us the information we needed to break in and save people, saying good bye to Thomas. 

I flashed back into reality. My hearing was almost gone. I heard a muffled Vince shouting "Move Taylor" I couldn't move my body froze. Tears blocked my vision. The cement block did its last shake before crumbling. Everything was In slow motion. Vince lunged forward to try and catch my arm but he missed. I slowely started to get farther and farther away from him. I saw him collapse to the floor of the thin cement pillar and heard a muffled scream. 

I kept on falling. I looked over my shoulder to see the floor edging closer. I closed my eyes and brased for impact.