The Banishing

Mihno dragged Ben to the opening of the Maze. Ben was screaming bloody murder "Please, Don't do this" it must have been ripping his vocal cords out while he was doing it. Mihno looked strong but I could tell he was breaking inside. "Mihno" Ben looked to him as a last hope. Mihno ignored him and threw a bag of a days worth of food into the corridor that led to the danger filled Maze. Mihno picked up a pole. "Go" Alby shouted. The line of Keepers started to move their T shaped sticks towards Ben. 

The sharp warning wind blew through the corridor and out into all of our faces. Ben started to push against the poles but he was to weak to stop any of them. The doors began to shut as Ben was edged closer and closer to the Maze. The doors got a foot away from each other. Ben screamed one more time and fell through the other side of the doors. He gave one final sicking look before they fully shut. 

We all gathered around the doors and took a moment of silence for Ben. Memories of the few conversations I had with him flashed threw my head. I was sad but I couldn't imagine the pain everyone else was going through. Alby looked up "He belongs to the maze now" the crowd separated. I follow Gally to the wall I sleep against. 

Gally sat with his head in my lap for hours. Few tears were shed. Silence took over the Glade. No one went for dinner or rang the bell. It was late into the night when I realised that Gally was sleeping. I was comfortable so I let my guard down and was just about to close my eyes when I heard a scream. I jumped but thankfully didnt wake Gally. He just moved again and fell back into a deep sleep. I knew that scream was Bens. I looked to the sky saying a little prayer that he wouldn't go through much pain. I then closed my eyes once more and drifted to sleep.