The Cooks

They didnt give me a job since my leg was broken so I just had to follow some of the important people around for the next few days. Today I was to stay in the kitchen with the cooks one of them being Frypan. So I basically didnt move all day. 

"So you make all the food here" I was sat on a stool talking to Frypan over the counter "Yeah basically, but I love cooking its my little escape from this place" Frypan was preparing the food for dinner "I get you completely, I think everyone needs an escape I haven't found mine yet but I'm sure I will" I longed to know myself, to know what I like and don't to know my personality, to know my old life.

 "Have you ever been in the slammer" I leaned forward closer to Frypan "no, luckily I've managed to avoid that place my whole time being here why do you ask" Frypan was now interested in the conversation. "oh em" I don't know if I should tell Frypan he mite think I'm crazy or just not believe me "I just wondered" that was the best answer I could come up with instead of, so underneath the chair thats been there forever it says trouble maker and I think I used to be called something like that, god that just sounds stupid. 

"Ok im finished dinner do you want to go ring the bell" Frypan signalled to the front door where a little yellow bell was hanging with a little rope coming out of the bottom "I'd love to" I smiled and got up. I leaned one of my crutches against the side of the door and reached my hand up ringing the bell, "F'tang" the bell shouted, a lot louder than I expected. I picked my crutch back up and walked back over to Frypan "so what now" I asked standing beside him "you'll hear the stampede in a second" he laughed. 

Then you could see the scary sight of 40 boys running right at you. It was a scary ass thing. I stood against the back wall and waited until everyone had gotten there meals then Frypan walked me to the table I sat at for breakfast and put my food down "thanks" I looked up and smiled "no problem greenie" he turned on his heals and walked away. 

Tonight Gally said nothing, no comments, no nothing. He just minded his own business. I talked to Mihno for most of dinner I was just asking questions and letting out the odd laugh. 

Alby walked over to me after dinner and put one hand on my shoulder and the other hand on Gally's. "So greenie your going to follow Gally around all day tomorrow, he will teach you about the Builders" Alby tightened his grip on my shoulder then laughed and walked away "I hate this" Gally said under his breath "me too dickhead, me too" I replied under my breath so that only Gally could here.