The Game of Hide and Seek

I was lying with my back against the log that had fallen over. Trying to catch my breath while still listening in for Stephens calls. He was no wear near me so I was fine. A plan, something, anything. My brain was running a mile a minute trying to figure out what I could do. I can't hide here forever. 

"Where are you" He shouted, it snapped me out of the thoughts. He was closer than before so I needed to move quickly. I knew I needed to find someone that wasn't working for Gally. So Mihno, Newt, Fry or Chuck. Everyone else seemed to be under his spell. 

I had to just make a run for it and hope that my mind would make something up while I was running. Hide and seek, the thoughts popped into my head with a faded memory of playing it when I was little though the place and people weren't in the memory. Hide and seek that was my plan. I doubted it for a second then heard him "I'm close ament I" he was getting extremely close and really creepy. Time to run. 

I stood up and started to run, winding round the trees, jumping over bushes and ducking under low hanging branches. "Get back here" He yelled shaking the forest. I made it into the clearing sprinting. Hiding spots, anything. One popped into my head but I needed to distract them before I got there. I decided I was going to run from obvious spot to obvious spot until I got to my spot. I ran towards the kitchen where I ran into Frypan. "Fry I'm playing a not so friendly game of hide and seek is there a back door to the kitchen" I ran into the hut puffing for air. He nodded "Get under the bunker, the back door leads behind the sleeping hut" He tapped the underneath of the table "Perfect thanks Fry" I smiled before ducking under the table. 

I was on my hands and knees waiting for them to enter. "Where is she" Stephens muffled voice filled the room. Then someone else ran into the room but I couldn't recognise his voice. Fry told the perfect lie "She ran in here grabbed a few cans of food then ran back out" He was a perfect liar because they believed him. They started to walk out when I stood up "Hiya boys" I laughed while staring at both of them. Anger filled there eyes when they clicked into game mode. Frypan laughed as he heard me. 

I opened the back door and started to run. I could hear my perusers but they weren't getting closer. I ducked into the sleeping quarters searching for a place to hide. Walking towards some but not settling on one place. Then I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and muffled voices. It was Newt and Mihno. I jumped out form my hiding spot "Newt, Mihno I need your help" I jumped in front of them startling both boys. They both nodded "I am playing hide and seek but if I get caught I go to the slammer or worse, wanna help" I gave a quick laugh, still on guard for the boys. They both laughed "It amazes me how much trouble you can get into sometimes" Newt laughed putting his hand to his head. "Hide me for a bit. We are going to play a game of cat and mouse" I laughed as I heard the perusers "There coming hide me somewhere for a bit" my eyes switching from boy to boy "In here" Mihno signalled to a broom cupboard. I smiled and opened it. 

It was extremely small and empty. I just managed to squeeze in. I was pressed against the wall and the door. There were holes in the door so I could see almost everything. The perusers, I found out there was now 4 of them, walked into the room and started to question Newt and Mihno, beginning to search the place. Newt stepped in front of the cupboard signalling that I had to get out. I opened the door and messed up Newts hair as a laughed left my lips "Oh hi Taylor didnt see you there" Mihno let out the most sarcasm filled sentence I have ever heard. I burst out laughing searching for a way out. Newt cleared his thraot and twitched his head towards the open window beside me "Brilliant" I whispered under my breath "Thanks Newt see you at dinner" I let out a laughed before jumping out of the window. I landed on my feet as I heard shouts come from the house.

Now I had to thrown them off my trail and get to my final hiding spot. I made a sprint to the back of the forest. I needed to send them on a wild goose chase. I tripped up over something and fell over. I scarped my elbow but nothing serious. I turned round to see Chuck stood behind me "Buddy I need your help" I smiled putting my hand on his shoulder. He smiled an innocent smile and nodded "A few of Gally's men are coming after me, gonna lock me up if they catch me, so I need you to make a dash down that way to distract them ok" I pointed towards the kitchen. "Do you think you can do that" I looked him in the eye. "Of corse I can do it" He smiled and looked "I may not be the fastest runner but I can do that, I'm the distraction" he smiled feeling proud of this title. I smiled knowing he was happy. I heard their shouts in the distance "Go, before they find you" He looked over at the men scouting the land "Be safe Chuck" I hugged him before beginning to run. 

I ran as fast as I could staying close to the walls as I reached the slammer. I jumped behind it and lay on the ground. This was my permanent hiding spot. Smart I know.