The Dead Griever

I picked up a knife when we went into the weapons room. We quickly met up with the rest of the group minus Thomas. I took a look around it was me, Mihno, Winston, Fry and Zart. "Lets go" Mihno led the way. We walked behind all the huts bumping into Thomas "Will this be a good team" Mihno pushed a smile onto his face as we all started running out into the Maze. 

We ran in pairs, I ended up beside Thomas "So your a griever killer now" I smiled while looking at him "Ah a new nickname" we both laughed. We were still close to the Glade but still a few minutes run away. We reached the dead griever. It was squished between two walls with guts spewing out of the front along with a really long leg. "Gotta have some brains to do that" I was scanning the walls for any of the grievers friends "Just instincts you know survival brain and all that jazz" Thomas took a step closer to the griever. 

Mihno put his hand in but the leg shot out "Shit" I bumped against the back wall "Taylor you ok" Thomas held my shoulder "All good, Fry you alright" I looked down at Fry "I'm fine" he smiled as Thomas helped him up "Reflexes" Zart looked at Winston "You hope" Winston looked back at the dead griever. I let out a quick laugh. 

Mihno reached his arm into the griever and pulled out what looked like a battery or the grievers brain or something. It was covered in griever guts but it was man made "Lets get back its getting dark" Mihno went ahead. We went back single file no one said a word to anyone else we all just focused on getting home. 

Newt pulled us all into a meeting to basically tell us off and decide Thomas's final punishment. It ended up being from night to sun up in the slammer, a better punishment than the one I got when I first arrived. We all went into dinner and had some of Frypan's food. At the end Gally pulled me aside. 

"Hey Taylor, I know you probably hate me now but I just wanted to say I'm sorry for earlier an-"  "-shut up weirdo" I laughed and kissed him. Sparks seemed to fly when we kissed it was just as magical as the first time. I looked up at him "this, This respectful and amazing and hansom man, this is the Gally I fell in love with" he smiled and rubbed his noise against mine "I will try my hardest to be this Gally all the time" he kissed me and picked me up.

He rapped his arms just under my bum and pushed me up, slowly spinning me around. I put my hands on his shoulders while looking down at him. I was taller than him. I looked up to see our home. It brought me so much joy. I was happy. Everyone was happy. He slowly lowered me and kissed my lips. 

Everyone else gathered round us and started to cheer. We both laughed "I think we have been spotted" I whispered before looking round us "I think we have" he laughed and looked up at everyone else "Shows over shuck faces, go get some sleep" Newt walked out of the kitchen as the crowd broke up. Newt walked over to us "Seriously though get a room shanks".