The Greenie Alarm

I stood at the edge of Gally's bed like I was an unwanted visitor but I talked away like I had been best friends with him for years "so Gally we are getting a new greenie today, your going to have to get a new name for me when you wake up hopefully it will be Taylor but I never know with you......so the last time you were awake you kinda tried to kill me and I will pick a fight with you about that but thats in the distant future. I also get to slap you for making me worry so much about you but I'll keep that slap for later as well" 

I talked away to Gally until the bell rang for dinner "well thats my cue to leave but I will come back tomorrow" as I left the room a feeling of peace took over, one like I had faced a fear well maybe I had. 

As I left the room I looked into the other room to see that Mihno was gone "That son of a bitch left" I laughed as I walked out of the Medbay. 

I reached the kitchen and sat at the table "I've got a bone to pick with you Mihno" He happened to be sat right beside me "and that is" he didnt look up from shovelling food into his mouth. "you left when I asked you to stay and make sure he didnt kill me" Mihno looked up from his food and talked quieter "you had a genuine smile on your face and thats the first time I have seen that ever and I was the first  to meet you so I left you to it. Don't worry we would have all heard you scream if  he had tried to hurt you" he laughed and went back to shovelling food into his mouth. 

As I ate my dinner I thought about what Mihno was saying, that I had a genuine smile on my face for the first time since he had met me. Maybe I was starting to be friends with Gally maybe he didnt seem like such a dickhead anymore. 

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud siren coming from the middle of the Glade. I covered my hands over my ears and stopped eating. Everyone stood up and ran out the room. Newt pulled one of my arms off my ear and whispered "Its the greenie alarm not a bloody bomb raid" we both laughed as we jogged to the box.