chapter one

"Can y'all leave me alone?" Lourdes Brown looked at her best friends Nala and Aaliyah who were currently pestering her to go to a bar with them in College Park

"Come on Lou! It's a Friday night and you're sitting here doing work for your classes. The semester just started, why can't this wait until tomorrow?" Aaliyah begged, doing her famous puppy eyes.

"I can't find my fake and it's 9 at night, why don't y'all just go on your own?" Lourdes asked them, raising an eyebrow while going back to looking at her laptop screen.

She was currently catching up on some work for her Women's Studies class since her professor had assigned the class some reading to do and she didn't feel like waiting until the last minute to do it. She chose to take Women's Studies as a last-minute class, expecting it to be an easy A to raise her GPA but instead was met with an old-fashioned and hardheaded professor who didn't believe in letting students relax for the first week of classes.

"Your fake is right here babe, nice try," Nala smirked at her while holding her fake ID in her manicured hands, "Gianna will be here in 30 minutes so you better be ready by then." She threatened while stepping out of her room to take a call.

Lourdes sighed and closed her laptop, rubbing her temples. All she wanted was to stay in tonight, binge watch episodes of Law and Order: SVU while simultaneously stuffing her face with all the snacks she packed away in the refrigerator. She raised her eyebrow at Aaliyah who was still sitting on her bed, scrolling through Twitter.

"Aren't you going to get ready? Nala said Gianna is going to be here soon." She asked her while grabbing her things to take a shower in the apartment's bathroom. The girls had moved in during the summer going into sophomore year after getting tired of the limited amount of freedom they had in dorms and figured splitting the cost of rent 3 ways wouldn't be too much of a struggle.

Lourdes worked at a small, Black Owned diner a couple of minutes away from the apartment and about 20 minutes away from campus. Without much help from her family with bills and college tuition, she worked at the diner during the evenings on weekdays and at a small kiosk in the mall on Sunday mornings. Nala and Aaliyah both had campus jobs during the weekdays and Gianna didn't need to work since her parents were pretty well off and sent her money repeatedly during the week.

"I just need to change since I already did my makeup, now shoo and go shower," Aaliyah practically shoved her into the bathroom and slammed the door in her face. Lourdes rolled her eyes at her antics before beginning to strip and turn on the hot water.

Lourdes studied her naked body in the mirror, wishing her stretch marks would disappear, and made a mental note to purchase coconut oil, since she overheard Gianna telling Nala it got rid of cellulite and stretch marks.

Lourdes was what society would call 'thick'. She had a large bust and derriere but still maintained a tiny waist. While she indulged in many terrible eating habits, she was able to occasionally go to the gym to work it off even though genetics seemed to do the rest for her. At the age of 15, she was already a C cup and had what Nala liked to call a "bubble butt".