chapter forty-six

Rashir groaned in frustration as he missed another shot during practice

Rashir groaned in frustration as he missed another shot during practice. It had been 2 days since he'd seen Lourdes and his mojo was thrown all the way off.

As he predicted, it was now impossible to find Lourdes anywhere. After she turned the corner of the restaurant, it was like she'd disappeared off the face of the earth. He overheard Mateo and Nico talking on the way home from the restaurant, and it seemed like she wasn't doing any better than he was.

Nico and Mateo had been cussed out by Nala for showing up, even though Rashir hadn't even known they were going to be there. Apparently, Nala had vaguely mentioned that they were going out to eat and they'd finally gotten Lourdes out of the house to Nico in a text, and Nico was supposed to read her mind and check her location to see that they had chosen Blowfish as the restaurant to eat at for the night.

After Lourdes ran out the door, the rest of the girls got their food to go and went home. He overheard them saying Lourdes got an Uber home and was back at the apartment and he was sad that she really thought she had to run away from him. Even though they were broken up, he still cared for her and he hoped they could still talk, but it didn't look like that was going to happen.

"Damn nigga, who got you messing shit up like this? You gon' be benched if you don't tighten up," A random junior commented, snickering with his friends. Rashir refrained from snapping at him, choosing to take a deep breath and close his eyes. He was not in the mood to go back and forth with an unknown ass underclassman.

"You ain't hear? He and his girl broke up and it's fucking with his head and shit," Diallo spoke from a couple of feet away from him. Rashir held his tongue and chose not to ask how he even knew this information, instead of ignoring him.

"Damn for real? That mean she single right?" One of Diallo's friends acted fake shocked and Diallo nodded with a smirk on his face.

"Mhm, boutta text her and ask her to link when we get out," He said while looking directly at Rashir. Rashir shared a look with Nico and Mateo and they sighed, knowing what was about to happen next. They got up from the benches and ventured off to pull their coach away from the scene and out into the hallway to distract him.

Rashir watched them until they exited the gym and turned back to Diallo who wasn't paying attention, too busy laughing with his friend. He didn't say anything as he approached him, simply swinging at his face and hit him straight in the nose, hard. Diallo's head flew back and Rashir grabbed a fistful of his jersey, reeling his arm back so he could punch him again, this time in his lip, busting it instantly.

The rest of the team stood back, watching Rashir show no mercy as he continued to pound him, not letting him get a punch in as he went ham on his face, probably breaking his jaw.

"I told you stop fucking with me, right? I done told you to watch yo' fucking mouth, right? Bitch ass nigga, you'on know how to listen," He yelled in between punches while Diallo's nose was leaking. "Now I got you leaking all ova' the damn floor cause you can't shut the fuck up," He finally stopped, letting him fall to the ground while his friend attempted to get him off but Rashir shoved him away.