chapter twenty-five

Lourdes felt someone shake her awake and groaned, turning away from them and attempted to go back to sleep

Lourdes felt someone shake her awake and groaned, turning away from them and attempted to go back to sleep. "5 more minutes," She murmured, swatting the person away when they tried to shake her again.

"You said that 5 minutes ago, you need to get up," Rashir chuckled and she squinted her eyes open, glaring at him.

"What time is it?" She laid on her back and stared at the ceiling, not wanting to accept the fact that she had to wake up. The room she was in was still pitch black, meaning it had to be early as hell.

"It's 2:45, c'mon you gotta go get ready," Rashir shook her again and she sat up, looking around the room. When the girls arrived at their house the night before, the group had talked in the living room for a bit and the boys showed them the guest rooms they could sleep in before they went upstairs to their own rooms to go to bed. Aaliyah and Gianna followed in their footsteps a couple of minutes later, yawning and making their way to the room they were sharing for the night and saying goodnight. Nala and Lourdes stayed up for a bit longer, talking and laughing before they both fell asleep on the couches in their living room, which was at 11 pm.

Lourdes sat up, rubbing her eyes, and looked at the other couch where Nico was trying, and failing to get Nala to wake up. Nala hated being woken up even more than she did, so she knew how much Nico was struggling.

"I'm tired," She whined to Rashir who was looking at her with amusement. He was standing over her, dressed in a white hoodie, grey sweats, and Yeezy slides. "Why do you look so put together at 2 in the morning, weirdo." She said as she stood up to stretch.

"Just go wash yo' face, the car service is gonna be here in 15 minutes," He told her and left the room, jogging up the stairs

"Just go wash yo' face, the car service is gonna be here in 15 minutes," He told her and left the room, jogging up the stairs. Mateo had ordered a shuttle to take them to the airport, no one wanted to drive this early and it seemed like the best option. She followed his lead and trudged to the guest bathroom upstairs, taking her time since she was still half asleep. She entered the bathroom and looked in the mirror, taking in her crust-filled eyes and dark circles. She ran the cold water, splashing it on her face to try and wake her up. When she felt somewhat more awake she grabbed the towel on the rack and patted her face dry. She heard the door open and looked up, seeing Rashir leaning against the door frame, watching her.