chapter nine

"Dammit!" Lourdes screeched, throwing her hands up when the 'Wasted' scene came up on the gigantic TV screen

"Dammit!" Lourdes screeched, throwing her hands up when the 'Wasted' scene came up on the gigantic TV screen. "Why the fuck did you do that?" She yelled at Rashir who was laughing, "We could have finished the mission!" She smacked the back of his head.

"Aye! Chill out ma," Rashir rubbed the back of his head, "Almost bashed my damn head in," He muttered and she scoffed, giving him a light shove, "I'm playing girl, c'mon let's play again." He picked up his controller and she shook her head.

It was Monday evening and Lourdes had finished working on her project with Mateo for the night, so Rashir offered to play GTA with her. They had a system, she would drive and he would do most of the shooting while both of them participated in missions. This time, Rashir got distracted and their character died, and Lourdes was not happy. They spent at least 20 minutes playing the damn game and all their hard work had gone down the drain.

"It's getting late, and I have work tomorrow." She yawned and began packing up her things. Rashir handed her her laptop and she smiled telling him thanks,

"Why you always working?" He sucked his teeth while handing her one of her textbooks.

"How else Imma make money stupid? Now stop talking and hand me my purse," She pointed to her bag that was on the coffee table. "Walk me out," She said over her shoulder, making her way to the front door. She slipped on her ugg slippers since it was starting to actually get colder out and put on her jean jacket. He leaned in the doorway, watching her and she stopped what she was doing when she caught him staring, "What?" She asked, "Is there something on me?" She looked down and he just chuckled,

"Nah, I was just gonna ask if you free this Saturday," He asked while scratching his beard. She froze, thinking he was asking her on a date, and waited for him to continue, "Mateo, Nico, and I going to Top Golf and I was wondering if you wanna come. You can bring yo lil' friends if you want," He smirked and she relaxed. She didn't have work on weekends anymore so she was technically free, but she did have a test in Chemistry that she had to study for, but she could just push that to Sunday.

"I'll come, I'm sure the girls want to go too," She agreed and he gave her a grin and he nodded.

"Aight cool, y'all can meet us there at 8," He told her and she became excited. She never really spent time with Mateo outside of their project and she was glad their friend groups could come together and do something fun.

"Be ready for me to drag you at golf." She playfully poked his chest and he rolled his eyes.

"Get out my house Lourdes," He opened the door for her and she cackled.

"Bye Rashir," She smirked as she walked out.