chapter nineteen

"So

"So...you're not mad at him?" Aaliyah pulled her brows together into a frown, clearly confused. It was Thursday night and the girls were sitting in Gianna's living room, catching up and gossiping. Lourdes had just told them about what happened with Rashir and they were all puzzled.

Lourdes had successfully avoided Rashir since Monday night, not returning his calls or texts and hiding whenever she saw him on campus. She wasn't exactly mad at him, she really just didn't know what to feel. She wasn't angry, she was just confused. What he did unlocked a new set of feelings for him that she didn't even know existed and she didn't know what to do. She didn't want to talk to him, afraid she would say something stupid and end up confessing that she felt something for him.

She was a teensy bit annoyed at the fact that he made a move on her. To him, it was all a game and she would be left alone as soon as he got what we wanted, but to her, it was more than that. Rashir was looking for a quick fuck and she had actual feelings. She thought that it was different with him and that they were actually friends that cared for each other platonically but Rashir had clearly gotten bored of their friendship and reverted back to his old ways. This was what she was afraid of in the first place, him losing interest in their friendship and moving on to the next girl to fuck.

"Not really?" She said crossing her legs to sit criss-cross applesauce on the couch, "I'm not mad I'm just disappointed, I thought he actually wanted a friendship with me but I guess I was wrong," She sighed, reaching to take a sip of her tea that was on the coffee table in front of her.

"Babe, he does want a friendship with you," Nala assured her but she shook her head in disagreement. "I was at their house yesterday-" Nala paused, sighing and rolled her eyes, clearly not wanting to admit whatever she was about to say, "He asked me to talk to you and I said no, so he obviously is trying, you're the one ignoring him," She pointed out. Lourdes chewed on her lip, Nala was right, he was trying.

"She's right, he wants to talk to you, you should give him a chance to explain," Gianna suggested.

"Yeah, just hear what he has to say," Nala stretched her legs across Lourdes's lap, laying down on the couch next to her. Gianna and Aaliyah were sitting on the two armchairs opposite them.

Lourdes turned to look at Nala with surprise, "Since when are you team Rashir?" She asked.

"I'm team 'Seeing Lourdes happy' and you seem to enjoy his company,"

Lourdes would decide what she wanted to do later, but for now, she was tired of talking about her boy problems. "Enough about me, what are you up to Gia? We haven't seen you in a week," She asked Gianna, steering the conversation away from her. Gianna blushed, avoiding eye contact with them, making the girls perk up with curiosity.

"What is it?" Aaliyah pestered.

"Yeah, did you meet someone?"

"She did! Look at her, she's blushing!" Nala badgered, making Gianna cover her face with her hands.