chapter four

The clock read 8:05 as Rashir opened the refrigerator to get a water bottle

The clock read 8:05 as Rashir opened the refrigerator to get a water bottle. He heard faint knocking on the front door and was confused until he vaguely remembered Mateo telling him he had an assignment to work on with some girl from one of his classes. Rashir yelled upstairs to Mateo's room and when he didn't get a reply he grumbled to himself and went to open the door for the girl since he felt bad that she was waiting outside.

He trudged to the foyer and swung open the front door, rendered speechless when he found himself looking down at the dark skin beauty from the bar the other night. Today, her hair was in a low bun and she was wearing a matching beige biker short set with a brown cardigan over it and Birkenstocks. Her face seemed to be bare except for some lip gloss that had her big lips look juicier than ever. He stared at her for a moment before she opened her mouth to speak.

"Uh hi," she gave him an awkward smile, "Is Mateo here? We're supposed to be working on a project." She looked at him weirdly when she realized he was still staring at her.

He cleared his throat and spoke up, "Yeah he's upstairs you can have a seat on the couch and I'll get him" He smiled at her and stepped aside to let her in the house. She thanked him and walked inside but Rashir could tell she didn't know where to go so he chuckled and said: "To the right."

She gave him an embarrassed smile, muttering a "Thanks," and turned around to make her way to the couch. When she turned around, Rashir had to refrain from groaning as he watched her ass jiggle when she took a step. The biker short set she had on was hugging her curves in all the right places and he was reminded of why he initially took an interest in her that night. He snapped out of it and went up the stairs to get Mateo and cuss his ass out for not telling him Lourdes was going to be coming over.

"Mateo, fuck are you at nigga?" he yelled in the hallway and heard an "In here," in Mateo's bedroom. "Why the hell yo' stupid ass ain't tell me Lourdes was gonna be here?" he slapped his chest as Mateo stood up.

"Why would I? She's just some random from my class, why are you so mad?" He looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Wait," his expression changed, "Her name is...Lourdes right? Oh yeahhh, that's that girl you were simping over at the bar the other night. Man, I didn't know it was the same girl, I never saw her remember? I was parking the car." He told him and began to walk out of his room "Where is she? What time is it?-" He checked his watch and cursed when he realized it was now 10 minutes past 9, "How long has she been here?" He asked Rashir who was still glaring at him.

"She got here at like 9:05 and I let her in, she's waiting in the living room." He said, following behind him. "Yo wait up, you gotta help me out here." He looked at him expectantly, signaling he wanted Mateo to talk to Lourdes for him.

"The fuck am I supposed to do?-" Mateo said while laughing "She's here to work on some boring-ass project bro, I can't be your wingman right now," he shook his head and went down the stairs before Rashir could tell him to stop. He was about to go to his room before he decided to go talk to Nico and tell him that Lourdes was downstairs.