chapter twenty-six

⚠️ this chapter contains mentions of domestic abuse.

After they had agreed to regroup at 5, Lourdes had practically skipped to her bedroom, eager to take a nap

After they had agreed to regroup at 5, Lourdes had practically skipped to her bedroom, eager to take a nap. She had completely knocked out and woken up at 4:30 to jump in a shower, she didn't know what they were going to do but she was praying it would involve food because she was starving.

Now she was running around in her room in her bra and a thong, doing her makeup and trying to pick out an outfit. She wasn't sure what to wear, she had packed many outfits for going out but she didn't want to be overdressed.

"Fuck it," She muttered and decided on a white, one-shoulder cutout dress. It was over 80 degrees out, and humid, so she knew she'd be hot and she didn't feel like wearing pants. She threw the dress down on the bed and went back to the bathroom to finish doing her makeup. She only had to do her lips and she'd be finished.

She lined her lips with dark brown liner and smudged it a little so it gave her a 90's look

She lined her lips with dark brown liner and smudged it a little so it gave her a 90's look. She finished it off with some clear lip gloss and looked in the mirror, satisfied. After she was done, she put her makeup in her makeup bag and exited the ensuite bathroom, rushing to put her dress on.

As she bent over to pick something up on the ground, she heard the bedroom door open and figured it was one of the girls coming to rush her. She straightened up and gasped when she realized it was Rashir at the door and he was staring at her with wide eyes and his mouth hung open. She quickly grabbed a pillow and tried to cover her exposed body but it was too late, he'd seen everything he needed to see.

"My god! Don't you know how to knock?" She yelled, embarrassed that he had practically seen her naked. The thong didn't do much to cover the back, or the front. She waited for a response from him, probably an apology but it seemed like Rashir was stuck in place, not able to move. "Why are you just standing there? Get out!" She marched up to him and shoved him out of the room, slamming the door in his face and trying to cover her flaming cheeks.

She covered her face with her hands, mortified, and threw the pillow back on the bed. She quickly grabbed the dress and slipped it on, grabbing some random sandals and her purse with her phone in it. It was 5:15 and she knew her friends were probably waiting on her.