chapter twenty-seven

Rashir watched as the girls pulled into the driveway and opened the garage

Rashir watched as the girls pulled into the driveway and opened the garage. Lourdes was driving instead of Nala which was understandable, when they left the restaurant she was swaying everywhere and almost fell on her way to the bathroom.

He could barely keep his eyes off of Lourdes the entire night. When the group had sent him upstairs to tell her to hurry up and he had walked in on her in only her underwear, he had felt the blood rush down to his lower region and had to adjust himself in his pants before making his way back downstairs. He knew Lourdes had an amazing body, but seeing her in just a bra and panties had sent him over the edge. She had butterflies tattooed on her back, going down her spine and that just made her even more attractive to him.

The girls seemed to be in a somber mood and he was confused. He watched as they silently got out of the car and locked the doors, each of them quiet as they walked past him leaning on the door leading to the garage. The rest of the girls went to their rooms but Lourdes opened the sliding door that led to the backyard and he decided to follow her. She walked to the gate and put in the code that Mateo had told them about earlier. It was dark now, the sun had set already and the only sources of light were coming from the moon and the lights from the house.

Rashir waited a moment before creeping up to the gate as well, pulling out his phone since he had already forgotten the code and he needed to look at his notes where he wrote it down earlier. Once he found the code, he punched it in and went through the gate, taking the steps down to the beach and looking around for Lourdes. He spotted her down the shore, walking closer to the tide, and watched her drop her shoes that she was carrying by her feet, inching closer to the water.

He walked towards her, trying not to make too much noise, but he couldn't be heard over the sound of the waves crashing down. Lourdes didn't say anything when he approached her, instead choosing to stare ahead while he stared at her.

"I thought someone was following me," She said, turning to face him, "I didn't know it was you though," She took a seat in the sand, and he did the same.

"You good? You seem upset," He asked.

"I'm fine," She replied, taking a deep breath. He looked at her, unconvinced and she rolled her eyes, "I'm fine Rashir, relax,"

"Aight, just making sure,"

"So how are you liking the first day of vacation?" She nudged his shoulder.

"I like it, this place is pretty as hell," He looked out to the ocean. The moon was right above the ocean, reflecting off of the water. He loved going to the beach, when he traveled for games, Coach gave them free time and whenever they traveled to Florida or California, he always found himself at a beach, taking walks or swimming in the water.

They talked for a couple more minutes, sharing their opinions on the restaurant from the food and how they were looking forward to sleeping in their beds tonight. Every bedroom had a queen size bed except for the master, which had a king that everyone was jealous of. Rashir hadn't gotten much sleep the entire day, after he woke up at 2:15, he had to help Mateo and Nico bring all of the suitcases to the living room, shower, change and make sure his room was in order. He hadn't gotten much sleep on the plane, and when they had split up once they arrived at the house, he spent most of it unpacking and just going on his phone.