chapter fifty-two

"And I'm  F–R-E-E fuck nigga free!"  Lourdes sang, while twerking in the mirror and getting ready

"And I'm  F–R-E-E fuck nigga free!"  Lourdes sang, while twerking in the mirror and getting ready. The next evening, she was getting ready to go out to eat with Rashir. The rest of the group wanted to stay home and relax, but Rashir wanted to take her out on a date night, so he told her to get ready and they would be leaving in an hour.

After exploring the boardwalk yesterday, the group spent the rest of the day lounging around the house since they'd been traveling  for hours. Nala had come back hours later and didn't say much. She'd showered and gone to sleep without interacting with anyone.

Lourdes was a little sad about the rooming situation because she'd looked forward to sleeping with Rashir every night but she didn't want Nala going out to find a hotel to sleep in, and it seemed like the best solution. While they could do things as a group, there was still obvious tension whenever Nico and Nala were in a room together. They both needed a lot more time to cool off before talking again or else there was bound to be another argument.

Everyone had spent the day doing their own things with one another, so almost everyone was out of the house except for Lourdes and Rashir. Nala and Aaliyah had gone out together, Mateo took Nico out to get a seafood boil since they'd talked about doing that, and Gianna was with Jaden on a date as well. The girls had tried to make sure that Nala was distracted while on the trip and the boys were doing the same with Nico.

Lourdes was only in a bra and panties, since her dress was hanging up on the doorknob and she was just finishing her hair. She finished curling a section before sighing in relief, setting down the curling wand and fluffing her hair out. She looked in the mirror and stuck her tongue out, knowing she looked cute.

"And I'm S–I–N–G–L–E again!" She danced in the mirror rapping along to the song and getting excited.

"The hell you is," Rashir chuckled while walking in and she whipped around.

"Rashir!" She whined, "Why are you in here? I told you I'd be out in a second,"

"You said that 20 minutes ago, I came in here to see what's takin' you so damn long, but I see it's 'cause you here having dance parties instead of getting ready,"

"Get out, I'll be out soon," She shooed him away and he groaned. She shut the door behind him, huffing and grabbing her dress. The dress was black and very confusing to put on, but once she figured it out, she was happy. She knew Rashir was hungry so she hurried as she put her final touches on her makeup and swiped on some lip gloss.

"Okay! I'm ready. Can you help me find my shoes?" She said as she walked into the bedroom, fixing one of her earrings, and looking around the room. When she didn't get a response she looked up at Rashir who was staring at her shamelessly. "Rashir, did you hear me?"

"Hm?" He snapped his head up to meet her eyes, "My fault bae, whatchu said? Yo' shoes too tight?"

"No, I said help me find my shoes dummy," She laughed.