chapter thirty

"Gianna! Hurry your ass up!" Lourdes yelled up the stairs of the mansion

"Gianna! Hurry your ass up!" Lourdes yelled up the stairs of the mansion. The group was going to the beach today and they were waiting on her to leave. The girls had decided that they were spending too much time with their significant others on the trip and declared this day to be a somewhat girls day. They were riding to the beach together while the boys were in another car together.

"Let's just leave her," Nala suggested as she came walking back from the garage with her sunglasses perched on the bridge of her nose.

"That's mean," Aaliyah scolded from behind her.

"I'm leaning towards Nala's idea," Lourdes admitted as she turned to yell up the stairs for the 10th time, "Gianna! We're gonna leave you if you're not down here in 5 seconds,"

"I'll be in the car," Nala announced, turning on her heel to head back to the car that was already loaded.

"5!" Lourdes yelled, "4-"

"Okay, okay, I'm here," Gianna finally came scurrying down the stairs with a designer beach bag on her shoulder and her phone in her hand, "What time is it?"

"20 minutes past the time we were supposed to leave," Lourdes quipped, "The boys already left almost half an hour ago," She pushed Gianna in the direction of the garage as she talked. Nala was already in the driver's seat with the top-down of the convertible while she waited for them. When she saw them approaching she let out a dramatic sigh of relief.

"Finally! Hurry up and get in,"

The girls hopped in the car with Lourdes in the passenger seat, and Aaliyah and Gianna in the back. Lourdes quickly hooked up her phone to the aux cord and shuffled one of her playlists. "Kiss Me More" By Doja Cat played in the speakers of the car and she immediately began singing the lyrics while everyone joined in. Nala pulled out of the garage and closed the door with the electronic remote, driving down the long driveway of the mansion and entering the passcode to exit the property.

They drove out of the neighborhood and onto the main road, Nala followed the GPS which said their destination was a 30-minute drive away. Lourdes's phone vibrated in her hands and she went to see that Rashir had texted her.

Rashir: Where are you at?

She was shocked that they'd made it to the beach already, she hadn't realized how late they had left.

Lourdes: we're driving, like 25 min away

Rashir: Wtf taking y'all so long 😂

Lourdes: gianna.

"The boys are already at the beach," She turned down the music to announce to the rest of the girls. She told Rashir to be patient, and turned off her phone, tuning into the conversation the girls were having.

"So you guys made up huh?" Gianna smirked at her from the backseat.

"Yes we did," Lourdes smiled happily. After their conversation the previous night, they stayed up talking in the living room until it was 2 am and they decided to call it a night. Throughout their conversations, in the back of her mind, she had considered confessing her feelings for him but she didn't think it was the right time.