chapter forty-eight

A week later, the entire group was lounging around the boy's living room, sprawled across couches and the floor, cuddling with their significant others while they had a movie night

A week later, the entire group was lounging around the boy's living room, sprawled across couches and the floor, cuddling with their significant others while they had a movie night. Gianna was the only one absent, claiming she had to go back to D.C for the night to help one of her other friends.

It was only 10 pm, but it'd already been decided that the girls would just sleep over since no one felt like driving home. Nico had the great idea to turn off all of the lights in the room and put on a scary movie, which had Lourdes scared for her life.

They were halfway through watching 'The Strangers' and Lourdes had actually screamed twice. She was sitting in Rashir's lap while he had one hand on his phone and one on her thigh.

The night they made up, after a very heavy makeout session, they eventually slowed down and ended up just talking on the bed. They talked about any and everything, catching up on what had happened in their lives for the past 2 weeks.

Lourdes has finally old him about her mother and it felt nice to have the weight of it lifted off of her shoulders. Rashir knew a little about her childhood, but not all of the details. She ended up telling him everything, then explained why she was torn on visiting her mother.

On one hand, she hadn't seen her mother in over 4 years and she felt the need to see her since she was her mother after all. On the other hand, this was the woman that put her through years of abuse, and she had the scars to prove it. She was conflicted, but it was nice to get another person's opinion on the situation. Rashir suggested that she visit her mother once, and write down everything that she wants to say on a note, so she can read it aloud and not get overwhelmed. He thought it would help her get some sort of closure, and insisted that she never had to see her again after that if she didn't want to. He even offered to go with her, but she told him she'd think about it.

She'd been thinking about it for a week now and she was slowly starting to lean towards going to visit her, even though she didn't really want to. She knew it would finally give her the closure that she needed, and even if she couldn't really forgive her mother for all that she'd put her through, at least she'd be able to get what she wanted off of her chest.

For the past week, they'd slowly repaired their relationship and they were better than ever. Lourdes was working on her communication skills, so whenever she had a bad day, instead of pushing it to the side and acting like everything was okay, she'd tell Rashir what was going on rather than leaving him in the dark. Even though it was taking some getting used to, she was slowly learning that not keeping everything to herself was actually beneficial. It felt good to talk things out with someone instead of dealing with her on her own.

When another jump scare came up on the screen, Lourdes was startled and leaned closer into Rashir, while he chuckled at the fact that she was genuinely scared at the movie. He wasn't fully paying attention, he was checking what Espn had to say about his recent game since he'd played better than he had been for the past month.