chapter fifty-one

A week later, Rashir and Lourdes arrived at Gianna's beach house

A week later, Rashir and Lourdes arrived at Gianna's beach house. The group had all left from the boy's house about 3 and a half hours ago, and the couple was the second to arrive at the house. Gianna was first of course, along with Jaden who were currently unpacking Gianna's car. Nala swung into the driveway shortly after and Nico parked behind her. They were still waiting on Aaliyah and Mateo but they said they were only 10 minutes away because they'd stopped for snacks.

Lourdes and Rashir had taken a little longer as well, because Lourdes got hungry and forced Rashir to go to a rest stop so she could get Chick Fil A. She was very excited to be on vacation again and she was happy they were all together as a group. The only issue was that Nico and Nala still weren't talking to each other. It had been almost 2 weeks and no one could seem to get the two to talk to each other. They weren't broken up, but they might as well been the way that they were acting.

Nala almost backed out of the plans and had her mind dead set on staying home instead of joining them, but the girls still convinced her to come. They assured her that they wouldn't just be spending time with their boyfriends and that she wouldn't be left alone. Even though she agreed to come, she was still a little weary. If anything, she said if she wasn't feeling it she'd leave early since she drove there on her own. The couple got out of Rashir's car, both stretching since they'd been on the road for a while.

"Ooh, I can hear the ocean!" Lourdes smiled. The house was a couple minute drive from the main beach, but it was right on the water. They also had a swimming pool in the back that Lourdes was excited to use.

"This shit nicer in person," Nico said from behind her and she nodded, agreeing wholeheartedly. The house was huge in person and the pictures did not do it justice. Lourdes walked up the walkway and into the house, where Gianna was inside organizing some stuff with Jaden helping her.

"Finally you guys are here! We got here like half an hour ago," Gianna said when she spotted them, "The hell took everyone so long?"

"We stopped for food," Lourdes shrugged.

"She means she forced me to stop," Rashir corrected her and she smacked his chest.

"Anyways," She waved him off, "Gigi where's our room?"

"Upstairs, the first door to the left. Y'all's bathroom is connected to the room," Gianna replied just as Nala entered the house, fanning herself.

"It's hot as fuck outside, and why isn't the AC on? It's not like y'all can't afford it." She said, "And where's my room? I need to pee,"

"Y'all's room is next to Lo and Rashir," Gianna gestured to Nico as well, who was entering the house behind Nala.

"Who is y'all?" Nala squinted her eyes, confused before turning around and seeing Nico behind her. She sucked in a sharp breath before immediately shaking her head, "No, I'm not sharing a room with him," She demanded. Lourdes looked to Gianna who seemed to be just as stunned as her. While the two weren't on good terms, they all thought they would at least be cordial and still share the room with one another, so this was a surprise to them.