chapter twenty-eight

Lourdes and Rashir were walking around a random Target that was on the way back from the snorkeling place

Lourdes and Rashir were walking around a random Target that was on the way back from the snorkeling place. When they had finished snorkeling, they stopped to get snacks for the drive back and Nico had texted Rashir that they needed to stop at a store to get a specific barbecue sauce they needed for tonight.

Now they were wandering around the Target, searching for this sauce and Lourdes was about to give up.

"Dawg, where the fuck is this stupid ass sauce?" Rashir huffed as they entered another aisle, looking at the shelves for the sauce.

"Can't we just get some other one?" Lourdes asked, ready to leave. They had been looking around Target for almost 20 minutes and she was convinced they were never going to find this sauce.

"Nah, Nico gon' get all mad, he said he need this sauce or else the food ain't gon' taste right."

She sighed, searching the aisle, but turned up nothing. Just as they were about to head to another aisle, she spotted an employee and figured they could ask him. She told Rashir to follow her and grumbled, stalking behind her as they approached the employee.

"Excuse me?" Lourdes said as they got closer. The man turned around and Lourdes's eyes widened, but she quickly composed herself. The man was fine as hell. He was tall, but not as tall as Rashir. He had brown, curly hair, thick eyebrows, and a goatee.

"How can I help y'all?" He looked between Lourdes and Rashir, but his eyes lingered on Lourdes

"Where the barbecue sauce at?" Rashir interrupted their stare-down, making Lourdes roll her eyes at his rudeness. She elbowed his side and he hissed, giving her a "What did I do?" look.

"We're looking for this specific sauce," She pulled out her phone and showed him a picture, "Do you have it here?" He squinted at her phone, but nodded, motioning for them to follow him. They walked a couple of aisles over and he stopped in front of all the sauces, searching for the barbecue sauce until he stopped and reached his hand out to grab a bottle for them.

"Here you go," He handed the bottle to Lourdes but Rashir reached over and snatched the bottle from him before she could take it.

"Thanks bro, preciate it," He gave him a bro nod and the guy whose name tag read "Anthony" gave him a tight smile.