chapter thirty-eight

Lourdes and Rashir were back at the boy's house, and Lourdes was showering in Rashir's bathroom

Lourdes and Rashir were back at the boy's house, and Lourdes was showering in Rashir's bathroom. She'd been in the shower for at least 20 minutes and she knew that she needed to get out soon, but she couldn't help but marvel at the waterfall shower head. This was the nicest bathroom she'd ever been in, besides her bathroom in the Bahamas.

Lourdes had loved the date and she kept thanking Rashir for taking her out and he kept telling her to stop thanking him. After they sat down, he had been in a strange funk for a couple of minutes, but he got over it and was back to being his normal self. She still hadn't known why he'd passionately kissed her the way that he did, but she wrote it off as his usual horny behavior.

They ate dinner and Rashir told their waiter that it was Lourdes's birthday so they brought her a slice of cheesecake and had the entire staff sing happy birthday to her while she sat there embarrassed and plotting on ways to kill Rashir while he sat with a stupid smile on his face. After he'd paid for their meals and fussed at her when she offered to leave the tip, they walked around the area for a bit since the stars were out and there was a jazz band playing at a stage set up in the middle of the center. Once they got cold, they headed to Rashir's car and drove back to his house, while Lourdes played a bunch of old R&B songs and sang horribly from the passenger seat.

Lourdes was starting to feel bad for hogging the hot water and decided to end her shower, stepping out and drying off with a towel he'd left for her. She changed into one of his shirts he'd given her and picked up the shorts that he'd also left for her. When she tried to put them on, they fell down immediately since they were way too big. She opted out of wearing the shorts and just stuck with the shirt which was oversized and it covered her legs anyways. She began her skincare routine and washed her face, moisturized, and put some vaseline on her lips.

Once she was done with everything, she turned the fan and the lights off and opened the bathroom door to enter Rashir's bedroom. He had showered in the guest bathroom while she was showering, so neither of them had to wait on each other. He was sitting with his back propped up against his headrest, shirtless with only a pair of flannel pajama pants on. Lourdes bit her lip and stared at him, admiring how good he looked.

Ever since her talk with Nala and Aaliyah, she found herself wanting to do the deed with him, but she had no idea how to bring that up. She was never one to ask any of her partners to have sex. She only did it whenever Myles wanted to and she was usually drunk when she hooked up with other people, so there wasn't much talking going on. The only sexual counter they'd had was the night in the Bahamas, and she'd do anything to feel the way he made her feel again.

She stopped her staring and made her presence known by stepping further into the room. He looked up from his phone and smiled at the sight of her wearing his clothes, beckoning her to come over. She laughed and threw her phone down on the bed, getting onto it and climbing on his lap so she was straddling him. He put his phone down on the bed as well and placed his hands on her ass while she wrapped her arms around his neck.