chapter forty-one

Rashir was nervously pacing around his room, ring box in hand as he tried to come up with the correct words to say to Lourdes

Rashir was nervously pacing around his room, ring box in hand as he tried to come up with the correct words to say to Lourdes. It was Valentine's Day and he was picking her up in an hour so he could take her out for the day but he was stressing about how he was going to give her one of her gifts. He'd gone to the ring store a couple of days before and gotten her a custom promise ring with the Rose Quartz crystal engraved in it. He planned to give it to her at dinner tonight and finally say the 'L Word' but he had no idea how to go about it. He'd been thinking about telling her that he loved her for a while now, but he always thought that it was too early.

For the past couple of weeks, being around her felt different. He would catch himself just staring at her whenever she was talking, he could not keep his mind off of her, and he wanted to be around her all of the time. He just had a sudden surge of strong feelings for her and he didn't know how to go about them. He knew it was love deep down, but he wasn't sure if he could admit it aloud.

"Yo, you good bruh? We've heard yo' big ass walking back and forth for like 20 minutes," He looked up when he heard his door open and Nico was looking at him with furrowed brows, "Why you look so stressed, fuck wrong witchu?"

"Nothing bruh, just close the door," Rashir waved him off and discreetly put the ring box behind his back so Nico wouldn't see.

"The fuck is you hiding? You stealin'?" Nico asked and Rashir huffed. He reluctantly uncovered the ring box from behind his back and Nico's eyes widened and he audibly gasped.

"Oh shit–Mateo! This nigga proposing!" He yelled down the stairs and Mateo yelled up a "What?!" back. Rashir heard someone running up the stairs and Mateo appeared at his door a moment later, catching his breath as he hunched over.

"You said he proposing?!" He snapped his head over to Rashir who was pinching the bridge of his nose at their stupidity, "You proposing?!"

"No nigga," Rashir rolled his eyes, opening the ring box and showed them the promise ring, "It's a promise ring dumbasses,"

"Oh,"

"You made me run up here for that?" Mateo gave Nico an annoyed look.

"How was I pose' to know? Nigga just showed me a ring box looking stressed as hell, I assumed the worst," He shrugged while Rashir resumed pacing while they went back and forth.

"Why he pacing then?" Mateo asked Nico and he shrugged again.

"What's wrong wit' you nigga?" Nico finally stopped Rashir's pacing, stepping in front of him and putting both of his hands on his shoulders. Rashir took a deep breath, placing the ring box on his bed, and ran his hands down his face, not knowing where to start.

"Is it too early to love her?" He asked and both of the boy's froze, being caught off guard. "I feel like we ain't been dating that long and I'on wanna rush her by telling her I love her, what if she don't feel the same about me? She been through some shit and the last thing I wanna do is make her feel uncomfortable by rushing her to say I love her, what if she–"