chapter thirty-six

Lourdes looked at herself in the mirror that her stylist—Ivy, provided her with

Lourdes looked at herself in the mirror that her stylist—Ivy, provided her with. She smiled at the sight of her hair that was laid and looked like it was her natural hair.

"You like it?" Ivy asked and she nodded enthusiastically, making Ivy chuckle. "I'm so glad!"

"Thank you! You got the money I sent yesterday right?" She asked and Ivy nodded. "Okay, my friend is here to pick me up, I'll see you when I get this bored of this hair," Lourdes joked. They said their goodbyes and Lourdes exited the shop, looking around for Nala's jeep. She spotted her parked in a space across the street. She speed-walked to the car and knocked on the window so Nala could unlock the doors. It was 30 degrees out and she was freezing.

"Hey," She greeted her when she got into the car.

"Your hair is so cute," Nala complimented as she put on her seatbelt, "We're going to the car shop right?" She asked and Lourdes nodded. After spending 3 days at the car shop, her car was finally done and Nala was dropping her off so she could drive it back home. Apparently, her car had been acting up because her transmission fluid needed to be changed. The guys at the car shop had tried to get her to get it detailed, tires changed, etc, but she insisted all she needed was her transmission fluid changed.

She had contemplated asking Rashir to come with her because she knew the people would try and sell her other things that she didn't need and Rashir knew more about cars than she did, but she didn't want to bother him so she didn't ask.

"Thank god it's Thursday, I really didn't feel like going to class," Nala sighed from the driver's seat.

"Don't you have Psychology today?"

"Yeah, but who actually goes to that class," Nala waved her off. Lourdes opened her mouth to reply, but she was cut off when her phone dinged. She pulled her phone out of her purse and looked to see who was texting her.

rashir 🥰❤️: You finish yet?

: yea we just finished

rashir 🥰❤️: Lemme see

: nooo i look bad rn

rashir 🥰❤️: Girl just lemme see

: fineeeee

Lourdes rolled her eyes at his eagerness and went on her phone's camera, quickly taking a picture. She stared at it for a little but ultimately decided to send it to him. She was still struggling with her insecurities—even though Rashir liked to tell her that she was pretty every day. She had to get out of the mindset that her toxic ex had put her through, and although it was a struggle, she was getting there. She clicked send on the picture and almost immediately, her phone was dinging.