chapter thirty-two

Lourdes squinted her eyes open, groaning when she was blinded by the sunlight

Lourdes squinted her eyes open, groaning when she was blinded by the sunlight. She closed her eyes and buried her face into Rashir's chest to try and shield herself from the light. When she was comfortable again, she snuggled closer into Rashir, swinging her leg over his body and hugged him as he slept. She remembered the events of last night and smiled, blushing as she recalled how he cleaned her up afterward. She was truly surprised that he clearly felt the same way about her that she felt about him, and almost pinched herself to see if she was living in some sort of dream.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Rashir stirred, letting out a yawn and popping his eyes open. She smiled sheepishly at him, looking at their current position since they were practically molded together.

"Good morning," She cheesed.

"Morning," Rashir rasped, rubbing his eyes.

"So..."

"So?" He repeated, confused.

"Are we gonna—y'know, talk about it?" She asked while she sat up, giving him space.

"Talk about what?" He furrowed his brows, "Oh wait, happy birthday," He smirked, making her groan and hit his chest.

"Rashir!" She whined and he laughed, "We need to talk about it,"

"Okay, okay," He held his hands up in surrender, "You start," He crossed his arms, waiting for her to talk and she blushed while trying to think of the right words to say.

"What are we?" She blurted out, wincing at her bluntness. He was quiet for a moment, until he replied.

"What do you want to be?"

She sighed, not really knowing how to answer. She wanted to be with him, it was just hard to commit herself to a relationship after what Myles had put her through. She didn't trust guys easily, she was fine with one night stands but when it came to fully putting her trust into someone in a relationship, she fell short. She was terrified that one day he'd switch up like Myles did.

"I want..."

"Spit it out," He teased, making her even more flustered.

"I wanna be with you, but I'm scared Rashir. I don't—" She paused, biting her lip, "I can't afford to get hurt again," His features softened at her confession and he sighed, pulling her onto his lap so she was straddling him.

"Lourdes, I don't know a lot about yo' last relationship but I know that nigga fucked up yo' mindset and you scared right now, but I would never hurt you the way that he did, I promise you. "You one of the best things I got in my life right now, the last thing I would ever wanna do is lose you, aight?" He said firmly and she nodded, still avoiding eye contact with him. He poked her sides to get her to look at him and she huffed, lifting her head up.

"But how do I know—"

"You just gotta trust me baby," He said softly and her arguments died on her tongue. She nodded and leaned forward to peck him on the lips, but she pulled away quickly. He tugged her back and kissed her again, this time with more passion as he stuck his tongue into her mouth.