chapter forty-seven

15 minutes had gone by and Lourdes hadn't spoken a word to Rashir

15 minutes had gone by and Lourdes hadn't spoken a word to Rashir. She refused to even look at him, choosing to completely avoid eye contact and either look down or around the room.

Neither of them had their phones since they'd only thought they'd be upstairs for a minute, so they had no choice but to sit in silence, waiting for their friends to unlock the door, which they both knew wasn't going to be anytime soon.

Lourdes looked up from her fingernails, which she'd been picking, and accidentally made eye contact with Rashir who was already staring at her. She quickly looked to the side, suddenly finding the blank T.V to be very interesting. She looked around the room, trying to find the T.V remote but quickly realized Gianna must have hidden it.

"So this what we doin' now? We not talking?" Rashir spoke up from the other side of the room. He'd made himself comfortable at Gianna's desk, sitting in the chair while Lourdes refused to move from the corner of the room. She didn't reply, continuing to pick at her fingernails, not even acknowledging him.

He didn't like that so he got up from the chair, making his way over to her. She backed away from him but only backed herself further into the wall as he stood in front of her, staring her down.

"You can't speak?" He asked, reaching out to tilt her chin upwards but she slapped his hand away, going around him so she had some personal space. She went to stand at the other corner of the room, not saying a word to him while he ran his hands through his hair, clearly frustrated. She had no interest in speaking to him at all and was fully prepared to completely ignore him until they were let out of the room. She'd seriously contemplated jumping out of the window but she knew that they were too high up.

Rashir followed her to the other side of the room, trapping her in a cage between his arms while she looked away. While he was the one that broke up with her, he still wanted to be on good terms with her and hopefully work all of their issues out. She was the one that was being stubborn. He didn't know that she'd seen him with Destiny and assumed that he moved on, so he chalked her behavior up to her just being her.

"Lo," He reached out to touch her but she dodged it.

"Don't touch me," She snapped, ducking under his arms and going to the door to try and jiggle it open again.

"Oh so now you can speak," He said with fake shock and it aggravated her. He was treating this like some sort of joke and she was starting to get annoyed.

"I can speak, there's just nothing to talk about," She gritted out, crossing her arms.

"Fuck you mean there's nothing to talk about?"

"I'm not doing this with you Rashir, why can't we just sit in silence until they let us out of here? I don't need to hear your voice right now," She said angrily and he chuckled.

"So you'd rather sit in silence than talk? We gon' be in here for a while,"

"Like I said, there's nothing to talk about,"