chapter twenty-three

"Turn here," Lourdes instructed Gianna as they were drove through the boy's neighborhood, "Okay it's a couple of houses down," They drove past a couple of big houses and everyone in the car admired the high-end neighborhood

"Damn, these houses are nice as hell," Gianna commented. It was Monday night and the girls were driving to the boy's house to meet up and plan Lourdes's birthday trip. Gianna and Mateo had  ended up booking the tickets for the 15th which was on Thursday so they'd have an extra day to relax. They booked the group's ticket for 5 am, which Lourdes and Nala weren't happy about. They had to wake up at 3 in the morning in order to have enough time to drive to the airport and get through security, and Aaliyah wanted to get there extra early, just so they had extra time.

The girls pulled into the boy's driveway and Gianna turned off her BMW, looking up and admiring the house. "Alright let's go," She asked Nala to hand her, her purse from the backseat and opened her door. The girls climbed out of her car and closed the doors, Lourdes texted Rashir they had arrived and they walked to their porch, waiting for someone to open the door.

Rashir had been acting strange the entire day. They had texted back and forth and she could sense something was wrong, she just didn't know how to ask him if he was okay.

After about a minute, an impatient Nala rang the doorbell excessively, complaining that she was cold and they needed to hurry up. After the 5th time, the door swung open and Mateo stood in front of them, looking annoyed at Nala.

"I was coming, you didn't have to ring the doorbell like 10 times bruh," He moved to the side to let them in. He pulled Aaliyah into a hug and gave her a kiss, making the girls look at each other with surprise, Aaliyah included. As far as they knew, they still weren't official.

"You were taking too long," Nala grumbled, taking her shoes off and placing them by the door, "Where's Nico?"

"He's in the living room, y'all can go there, Rashir's gonna be down in a sec," He said while looking at Lourdes. She gave him a confused look, wondering why he was telling her this, and took off her shoes as well. Nala raced to the living room and practically jumped on Nico who was sitting on the couch, startling him.

They all took a seat on the couches, talking to each other for a bit while they waited for Rashir. Since Field of Screams, the group had gotten closer and Lourdes was happy about it. She considered them to be her closest friends, the boys got along very well with the girls. Nala and Mateo tended to act like siblings, bickering and cussing each other in Spanish which the group found hilarious. Gianna had yet to really become close with the boys like the rest of the girls had, just because she didn't hang out with them as much since she tended to be busy but Lourdes knew she would fit right in after a couple of days.

"Y'all want something to drink?" Mateo asked them. Nala and Gianna asked for water but Lourdes and Aaliyah politely declined. Mateo kissed Aaliyah on the head and told them he'd be right back and Aaliyah became a blushing mess. Nico said he was going to help Mateo get water from the kitchen and left the girls alone, making all of the girls turn to Aaliyah and squeal.