chapter fifty-three

Lourdes heaved a heavy sigh when another one of her messages to Nala was left on delivered

After the explosive fight the night before, Nala was able to somewhat calm down before packing her things and storming out of the house. She said she needed time to herself and she no longer could enjoy herself while staying in the house with Nico. Lourdes and the rest of the girls asked if they wanted them to come back home with her but she said no. Nico left an hour after her, wanting to go home as well.

Everyone was a little shaken by the entire fight because they'd never seen Nico and Nala fight with each other so aggressively. After things calmed down, everyone went back to their rooms and went to sleep, too tired to deal with the aftermath of things. There was stuff broken in the kitchen and living room because of all of the things that were thrown and stuff got knocked out of place.

The girls had tried to check in on Nala to see if she was doing okay, but she wasn't answering their texts. The only reason they knew she'd even gotten home was because they checked her location. Lourdes just wanted to know she was doing alright, but she understood that Nala wanted space.

Lourdes didn't understand why Nico would run back to his ex of all people especially since Nala had already told him that his ex made her uncomfortable. Lourdes also didn't understand why Nala's first instinct was to be violent with Nico and it was a shock to her. She'd never seen Nala act like that and she wasn't really sure what to do. She knew she had to talk to her about it but Nala definitely was not up for talking about the situation at the moment.

"Lo," Rashir's voice brought her out of her thoughts and she looked up to see him waiting for her in the doorway, "You good?"

"I'm good," She said unconvincingly and he straight faced her.

"We both know you not and I'm not leaving the room 'till you tell me why," He shrugged, closing the door and coming to sit next to her on the bed. She sighed again, placing her phone down on the bed and leaning on his shoulder.

"I don't know, I just wanna talk to Nala and make sure she's okay but she's not answering any of my texts. I know she made it home okay because I checked her location but still, I feel like I'm not being there for her," Lourdes began.

"Whatchu mean you not being there for her? You calmed her down yesterday when everything happened and you've listened to her when she told you about the situation. She said she wanted space and that's what y'all are giving her, there's nothing else you can do,"

"Yeah, but still! Whenever I'm upset she will not leave me alone! She's always checking up on me and stuff and I feel like I can't do the same for her because she left. She told us she was fine and that we should stay here but I can't help but feel guilty. We're here having fun and she's back at home probably crying," She sighed.

"First of all, there's no reason you should feel guilty baby. She told y'all to stay here and she needed time alone, so you were respecting her wishes," Rashir started. "And you are checking up on her though. You're texting her and showing her that you care. I think you should just give her space, Nico and Nala have been dating for a long ass time and they ain't never really fought like this before. I'm sure she's just going through a lot and she needs some time to herself. When she'd ready to talk she'll talk to you,"