chapter fifty

"What about this one bubs, you don't like it?" Lourdes pointed to a one of the car's on the lot

"What about this one bubs, you don't like it?" Lourdes pointed to a one of the car's on the lot. It was a week before they left for the beach and the couple was car shopping for Rashir since he'd expressed the want for a new car.

His Camaro was getting old and starting to act up, and since he was driving to the beach, he didn't want it breaking down on him. Even though the group had originally planned on taking two cars, everyone changed their minds and wished to travel with their significant others instead. Now Rashir was riding with Lourdes, Mateo was taking Aaliyah, Gianna was driving Jaden and Nico and Nala were both driving their own cars since they were currently in an argument and didn't wish to drive with each other. Nobody knew what the argument was about, and nobody wanted to ask. All that Lourdes knew was that Nala had been extremely irritable the past couple of days–more than usual.

This wasn't the first argument that Nico and Nala had been in, but it was definitely the biggest. They hadn't spoken in days and it didn't look like they'd be talking anytime soon. It was the first time Lourdes had seen Nico act drained and he seemed to be going through it, which was concerning because he was always full of energy. The group had learned their lesson with Rashir and Lourdes, so they were choosing not to intervene.

Rashir had already traded in his other car and he was determined to buy a car the same day. They'd already been to a one other dealership a couple of hours before and he didn't seem to like any of the cars, so he was hoping he could find something here. He was set on getting some sort of sports car, he just didn't know what he wanted. He walked over to the car Lourdes was pointing at and studied it, but shook his head, not feeling it.

"Nah, I'on like the grille," He responded, letting out a sigh. He was beginning to get frustrated but he was still holding out hope.

"You'll find one bubba, don't worry," She gave him reassuring smile before wandering off to look at other cars. He was beginning to give up, and just head over to the BMW dealership across the street. Even though he liked BMW's, it just wasn't what he wanted and he knew customizing one would take forever.

He didn't really mind dropping a lot on the car, even though he was a college student, he was pretty well known on Instagram and had racked up plenty of money from different sponsorships he did with different companies.

"Sir?" Rashir heard the sales associate helping him call and he looked up.

"Wassup?" He walked over to the employee that was a couple feet away from him.

"Were you looking at more of the Scatpack, or did you want an SRT? We have both on the lot,"

"Nah, I wanted the Hellcat, but I'on really see the color I want," Rashir replied, scratching his head, "Y'all got the black without the red stripes goin' through it? I jus' want the all black,"

The associate typed a little on his IPad, and Rashir waited patiently while looking around for Lourdes since she seemed to have disappeared.

"Yes, we actually do have one, it was just shipped to us! Follow me please," The man whose name tag read 'Andy' turned around and began walking more towards the back. Rashir paused for a second, scanning the lot until he saw Lourdes looking at one of the Jeeps they had for sale.