chapter thirteen

"And after Field of Screams, we can go get food at- okay what's wrong with you?" Lourdes asked Rashir as they finished eating their food at a Chiptole near campus

"And after Field of Screams, we can go get food at- okay what's wrong with you?" Lourdes asked Rashir as they finished eating their food at a Chiptole near campus. He had been acting weird ever since he came back from visiting his family and she was tired of it. "You've been acting all weird since you came back, what happened?"

"Nun, keep talking," Rashir replied, taking a sip of his Coke as he waited for her to throw her trash away.

"Something is obviously wrong Rashir, just tell me what it is, maybe I can help." She offered and he shook his head.

"I said nothing is wrong bruh, relax," He lashed out at her and she blinked at him for a moment before scoffing.

"Whatever Rashir, call me when you start acting right," She walked out of the Chiptole and stomped to her car, deciding she wanted to be home. She was tired of Rashir being all closed off and quiet, it wasn't like him to be acting like this so she was concerned at first, but after denying anything being wrong multiple times she was fed up.

They had met up after class and she suggested that they go get food and he agreed, but she was tired now and was in desperate need of a nap. Her bed at home was calling her by her full government name and she was eager to hop in it and catch up on some rest. She was back to working long hours at the diner and while she was happy she was making money, it was taking a serious toll on her sleeping schedule.

She stopped to survey the parking lot, looking for her car when she heard Rashir behind her telling her to wait. She waited for him to catch up to her, turning around with her lips pressed together and an annoyed expression on her face. "What?" She snapped at him, tapping her foot as she looked at him.

"I'm sorry," He let out looking at his feet, "You right, I have been acting weird, there's just some shit going on at home and it's stressing me out."

"You can talk to me Rashir, we're friends," She sighed, "You don't need to keep secrets."

"I know,"

She could sense that he was stressed like he said and decided to give him a hug. He was stiff at first, but quickly hugged her back, resting his chin on the top of her head. "I'm here for you if you wanna talk about it." She mumbled against his chest, reveling in the warmth.

"Thanks," He sighed.

"Do you want a ride back to your house?" She took a step back to look up at him.

"You don't have to," He replied and she shook her head, unlocking her car and gesturing for him to follow her.

"Shut up and get in the car," She replied and he chuckled, following her to her Civic.

Lourdes plugged her phone into her aux cord and grinned wickedly, coming up with an idea to get Rashir in a better mood. She searched through her music library and finally found the song she was looking for, clicking on it and setting her phone in her cup holder. "Pussy Talk" by the City Girls loudly played through her speakers, startling Rashir who looked at her like she was crazy.