chapter twelve

"Nijhea, stop fucking cheating bruh," Rashir irritatingly snatched the Uno cards out of her hand

"Nijhea, stop fucking cheating bruh," Rashir irritatingly snatched the Uno cards out of her hand. "I'm not playing wit' you no more."

"You're so dramatic," His sister, Nijhea rolled her eyes at her older brother's dramatics. "Hurry up and shuffle the cards so we can play again."

"No, where Mama at? She's the one that told me to come home for the weekend."

"She's out with Patience, they'll be home soon,"

"Oh shit Patience here?" He was curious now, Patience didn't come home unless it was something important, she hated being around their father.

"Yeah, she got here this morning,"

"Where's Janiya?"

"I don't know, can you relax bruh why do you wanna leave so bad?"

Rashir stood up from their position on the couch, going to the kitchen to get a glass of water. "I don't want to leave, I'm just a lil' curious. Is dad at work?"

"Yeah, he won't be home till late."

"Thank god," Rashir jokingly put his hands together in a praying motion.

"Why do you hate daddy so much?" Nijhea spoke accusingly, "He's done so much for you and he just wants you to be great."

Rashir shook his head and sighed, annoyed they were having this conversation again, "I'm not finna talk about this wit' you Nijhea, call me when mom is home." He walked to his childhood bedroom and slammed the door shut, irritated.

Nijhea was a daddy's girl, and his number 1 supporter. She was too young to understand the extent of what he had done to his other children, and she refused to hear anyone insult him, or his parenting.

Flopping on his bed, Rashir went on his phone for a while until he got bored and came up with an idea. He went to Lourdes's contact and hesitated for a second before hitting the Facetime button, waiting to see if she would answer. After ringing a couple of times, he saw the words change to 'Connecting' and Lourdes's face filled his screen.

"Rashir why the hell are you calling me?" She asked, setting her phone down so he was looking at her ceiling instead of her face. He was disappointed and ignored her question, wanting to see her again.

"Lemme see yo' face,"

"Boy, absolutely not! I look a mess right now," She exclaimed.

"Lourdes." He straight-faced her through the phone and he heard her huff. The camera moved around for a moment before it stopped and she propped her phone up on something so he could see her. She was sitting on her bed with her knee pulled to her chin, a messy bun, and a bare face. Rashir stared at her, admiring her natural beauty. He could see a small beauty mark above her lip that he had never noticed before, she must cover it up. She was wearing flannel pajama pants and a UMD sweatshirt that looked like it was a couple of sizes too big. He wondered for a moment if a guy had given it to her but decided to not ask her.