chapter twenty-nine

Rashir shook his head as he watched Lourdes storm out of the car, visibly upset

Rashir shook his head as he watched Lourdes storm out of the car, visibly upset. He wasn't mad at her, he was mad at the fact that he couldn't have her. After the Target situation, he was reminded that Lourdes wasn't his, he couldn't stop anyone from hitting on her and he definitely couldn't stop her from seeing other people. He didn't do anything but watch her rush out of the garage, slamming the door behind her.

He scratched his head and went to the trunk of the car to grab their things. He knew that she probably didn't want to talk to him right now so he figured he would put her things in the living room and she could get them without having to interact with him. He closed the trunk of the car and pressed the button to close the garage door, entering the house and placing the keys on the rack where the rest of the keys to the luxury cars were.

He heard music coming from the backyard and looked through the glass door to see Mateo at the grill, flipping something while Nico stood over his shoulder, clearly bothering him. He dropped the stuff on the couch and grabbed the sauce he had gone through hell to get, sliding the backdoor open and making his way towards them. 

"Wassup brodie," Nico dabbed him up when he approached them, "You get the sauce?" He asked and Rashir nodded, handing it to him.

"Why you look so mad," Mateo gestured to his face which was etched with a frown.

"Nothing," Rashir shrugged him off and took a seat on one of the chairs near them. He jutted his chin out towards the smoke that was coming from the grill, "Whatchu grilling?"

"I'm making corn and Polla a la Brasa," He showed him the corn that was on the grill, "His dumbass wants to make some sort of sauce to go with it," He jutted his thumb at Nico who was struggling to open the bottle of barbecue sauce. "That's why he asked you to get that stuff,"

"If you making barbecue sauce, why'd you ask me to get fucking barbecue sauce at the store?" Rashir turned to Nico, annoyed that he had searched for that stupid sauce for over 20 minutes for nothing.

"I'm not making barbecue sauce, I'm making another sauce and I needed this to make it,"

"What sauce are you making- You know what I don't even care," Rashir stood up from his seat, "I'm gonna go shower, when are we starting this whole barbecue thing?"

Mateo looked at the time on his phone and thought about it for a moment, "At like 7:30, I'm not gonna be done cooking these for another 45 minutes," Rashir nodded and walked back into the house, grabbing his things from the couch and beginning to walk up the stairs to his room. He passed Nala on his way up as she was going down the stairs and she gave him a harsh glare but didn't say anything. Before he could ask what was wrong, she went down the rest of the stairs and out into the backyard.

He made it to the top of the stairs and looked at Lourdes's door which was shut. He forced himself to keep walking to his room and shut the door behind him, throwing his bag on the bed and making his way to the ensuite bathroom. His skin felt sticky from swimming in the ocean and he felt gross. He stripped and turned on the warm water, stepping in the shower.