chapter forty-nine

"Rashir please!" Lourdes whined while they sat in the parking lot of the restaurant they were supposed to be meeting their friends at

"Rashir please!" Lourdes whined while they sat in the parking lot of the restaurant they were supposed to be meeting their friends at. "We're already 30 minutes late," She sighed while he kissed up and down her neck and she half heartily pushed him off, making him pout.

"5 more minutes," He mumbled, pulling her closer and she rolled her eyes. They were supposed to have been in the restaurant ages ago, but he didn't feel like going in and they'd been sitting in the parking lot, making out for over 30 minutes.

"You said that 5 minutes ago," She pointed out, "You're such a big baby," She said while leaning forward to give him a quick kiss.

"We already late, who cares," He shrugged while finally pulling away from her. "But fine," Huffing, he turned the car off and grabbed his wallet. She adjusted the straps on her shirt and fixed her hair while he jogged to her side of the car, opening her door. She grabbed her purse and took his hand as they walked into a breakfast place 'Milk and Honey' that Gianna had found on Yelp.

They told the hostess the name of the party and she led them to one of the biggest tables in the restaurant where the rest of the group was laughing about something that Nico was saying. When they noticed the two's presence, they looked up with knowing smirks on their faces.

"Nice of you to finally join us," Nala quipped, sipping on her mimosa and eyeing the two.

Lourdes blushed but said nothing as she took a seat next to Gianna who was texting Jaden. He was supposed to arrive shortly after them since he was also accompanying them on their spring break trip, but he had gotten caught up with his parents in D.C, which is why he was running late.

"Aight so now that those two are finally here, we can plan," Gianna clapped her hands together excitedly. She insisted on planning the entire trip since they'd be staying at her parent's beach house after all. She pulled out her laptop to show the group pictures and everyone turned to her, listening to her speak.

"Okay so, as we all know, spring break is in exactly 3 weeks and 2 days away–" She paused and everyone nodded, "So, my parents have a beach house in Ocean City, which everyone knows already, right?" She asked and they once again nodded. Ocean City was a beach town about a 3 hour drive away from Silver Spring. It was one of the most infamous beach towns in all of the U.S and everyone on the east coast knew about it. It usually was busy the first week that schools got out since high school seniors had a thing called "Beach week" where all the recent graduates stayed in the town for the week. Since it was only spring break, they hoped that it wouldn't be too busy but Lourdes was sure that other people had the same idea as they did for the break.

"So, since the break starts on Sunday, I figured we could leave on Saturday morning, which is the 20th so we have the whole day Saturday to be there as well. We can leave either the 24th or the 25th since they're both weekdays and it gives us the weekend to relax after we get back. Is that good with everyone?" She looked around and everyone murmured their approval. "Okay so the house is a little bit of a drive around from the city since it's in the vacation home area, do y'all wanna see?"