chapter thirty-seven

It was a week later and Rashir, Mateo, and Nico were messing around during practice while they waited for Coach to get off a phone call

It was a week later and Rashir, Mateo, and Nico were messing around during practice while they waited for Coach to get off a phone call. They didn't have a game this week, but Coach was still working them like they did.

"I'm tired bruh, can we go?" Nico whined.

"For real, we've been here since 12," Mateo cosigned. Rashir was too busy texting Lourdes, cheesing at his phone to realize they were having a conversation.

: Babyyy

Lo 👩‍❤️‍👨💕: hm?

: You busy on friday?

Lo👩‍❤️‍👨💕: no sir

Lo👩‍❤️‍👨💕: why?

: I wanna take you out somewhere

Lo👩‍❤️‍👨💕: oooo where?

: I'm not telling you girl

: Just be ready by 7 Imma come scoop you

Lo👩‍❤️‍👨💕: okay 😁😁

"Look at this nigga cheesing at his phone like a simp," Nico joked and Rashir put his phone down, realizing they were looking at him.

"Huh? You said sumn?"

Mateo and Nico collectively rolled their eyes, used to this. Ever since Rashir and Lourdes started dating, they caught him daydreaming multiple times throughout the day and whenever he was texting with a smile on his face, they knew he was talking to Lourdes.

"You so pussy whipped, and you ain't even getting no pussy," Mateo teased him and Rashir hit him on his arm.

"Shut up bruh," Rashir rolled his eyes at the two who were snickering. Thankfully, Coach came back to save him from their teasing.

"Alright y'all, I know everyone wants to go home so I only have one more announcement to make. I have to fly back home for a couple of days so there won't be practice until next Wednesday—" He was cut off by the collective cheers of the team—Nico being the loudest.

Rashir was relieved, he wouldn't have to wake up early on the weekend and he would have more time to spend with Lourdes.

He had quickly realized that being together in the Bahamas was very different than being together at home. With his practices, schoolwork, games combined with her schoolwork and work schedule, they didn't have much time to see each other. He had his first game since they had come back from vacation next Friday and she had promised she'd be in the crowd watching. He was pretty sure she had asked for that day off at the diner so he felt bad, but he couldn't help but also feel happy that she was coming.